• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What do you think an EP3's image is like?

Just thinking out loud.

Having owned mine for over a year I was wondering, how do other people see EP3's? I imagine most people just see a Civic similiar to their grandads. Or to a random observer, due the biggish wheels and body kit mean anything?

Would you say they are becoming a chav car? I get the feeling they don't stand out that much, but could be i'm getting used to it, as when ever I see an EP3 on the road I always look in joy and love them but seem to be used to mine. I've had 3 days not driving it and seem to like it much more now.

I do hear a lot of comments on here about them becoming owned by chavs due to lower prices and I see at least 2 a day. I love the car and the way it drives but it would be nice to own a rare car.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've observed lately, I see a lot of EP3 owners who slot into the chav category.
The lads around Stoke seem to have moved on from the Saxo to EP3. They pull out from junction wheel spinning, window down, leaning forward to the steering wheel and eye balling you.

There are some sensible owners but most have moved onto the FN2 or other cars. I feel the EP3 is getting very affordable for chavs, it's only the insurance that puts some off but how many of them need that?

Not sure what it's like in other areas of the country?

The thing about the EP3 is its taken a decade to really get into the hands of the chavtastics. Prices have dropped alot over the last 24 month since I bought mine. I paid £5250 for a 52 plate on 50k 2 years ago, you can now get the same car for sub £3k if your lucky.

As people have said insurance is still relatively high for a 10 year old Hot Hatch.

The Chav's are buying the £2000 100k+ Civics off ebay, never checking the oil and killing the engines, then not being able to afford the repair bill, scrapping the car. I think everyone Ive met when buying or selling EP3 stuff has been an enthusiast of some kind and been straight up about why they have bought the car, not just because its a quick chav mobile to impress their 15 year old girlfriends when they are wheelspinning away from school at 3:20.

To the ordinary person it's just another bread van econo box

To people into imports it's a head turner

To me it's my pride and joy

This image says it all

$(KGrHqR,!hQE6ZjVZPrkBOp!RZbLC!~~60_58.JPG

143658d1321568341-wth-lambo-doors-lambo-doors-so-played-out.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily where I live the ep2 have taken the main force of the chavs. The amount of sports claiming to be r's round here is a joke. I know most the other local ep3s I've seen and there all nice people.

Back