• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What do you think of this? CRX siR > UPDATE 475 miles later...

TypeGRRR

Administrator
Administrator
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1453917.htm

It's a lot of money, but these things really don't hang about, the last two I've tried to see got sold mid week, giving me no opportunity to even view.

I loved the look of this one but was initially more than I wanted to spend, but now I'm growing ever more tempted... :p If I can get him down to £3,800-£4k I don't think I'll loose out on much money in a year or two.

That is a fair amount of wedge for a 20 year old car Chris.

I know they are desireable but I would not have one myself.

Not that it matters of course, it is your money. :lol:

This is true Tony, but I've wanted a CRX since I started driving over ten years ago. This is quite literally the very best version of the car, an siR with moonroof, alb, powersteering, ac, folding mirrors and lsd.

Yes it is a lot of money for a 20 year old car, but I believe it's bordering classic car status. Not to mention a very rare car on the road, especially in that guise. :D

Yes it is a lot of money for a 20 year old car, but I believe it's bordering classic car status. Not to mention a very rare car on the road, especially in that guise. :D

Well I hope you're right, because one mans treasure is another mans rubbish.

It's obviously been very well looked after, but it looks like it's priced too high as the seller is blinded by the true value of his pride and joy. If you go for it, you have to knock him down £500-£1,000.

He sent me some more pics and loads of import info, it was originally imported by Newera Imports, I think back in the middle of 2007. It certainly was in stunning condition then, I'm just trying to assertain whether it is still in that condition, then I might be tempted to take a look. I WILL have haggling head on though!

Here's part of the email I sent him, I'm sure he'll love me! :lol:

"I am sorry that this email has turned into a survey but it's quite a way for me to come to view the car, so just wanted to check the following items with you! In most cases a YES/NO answer will do the trick, but some questions will require a little more.

CAR HISTORY AND DOCUMENTATION

When was the car imported to the UK?

How many UK owners?

How much mot and tax does it have remaining?

Do you have the installation certificate for the alarm?

Does the speedo read in km/h or m/ph?

Does the Odometer record distance in km or miles? If miles, does the total read in entirely miles (i.e. adjusted) or is it part km and part miles?

What service history do you have and at what milages?

Do you have all previous UK MOT documents?

Any accident history or signs of respray?

ENGINE / GEARBOX / RUNNING

Does it start easily from hot and cold?

Does it idle steadily once the engine is warmed through?

Do any of the syncros crunch when changing gear (particularly at high rpm)?

Does vtec engage as it should?

Does the ALB work?

When was the cambelt done last?

How much oil does it use?

CONDITION OF BODY PANELS

You mention in your advert a few items, can you describe them better please (photos of just these areas would be appreciated):
• A small dent on the bonnet:
• A small drivers side wing:
• A paint chip on the right side of the rear bumper:

Were the issues that were highlighted on the import documentation rectified?
• Rear bumper pushed in on N/S:
• Small pin dents on N/S door:
• Small chip on N/S door mirror:
• Small pin dents on O/S door:
• Scratches to rear spoiler:
• Minor scratches to lacquer around handle on O/S door:
• Rear bumper touch up above number plate recess:
• Trim between roof and rear screen:

Are there any chips in any of the glass?

CONDITION OF INTERIOR

The outer bolster on the drivers seat looks shinier (newer) than the others, has this been replaced?

Have you still got the original steering wheel?

What hifi is it fitted with?

Are the rear seat belt clips present?

Does it still have the parcel shelf?

Are there any scuffs on the dash, sills, door cards etc?

What condition is the carpet and mats in?

CONDITION OF WHEELS / TYRES

Can you describe the condition and make of each tyre?
O/S Front:
O/S Rear:
N/S Front:
N/S Rear:

Can you describe the conditions of each wheel?
O/S Front:
O/S Rear:
N/S Front:
N/S Rear:

MISC

Do the electric folding mirrors work?

Does the alarm include remote central locking?

Has it ever been smoked in?"

And some import photos that get me all hot under the collar... :smt047

crx_sir_01.jpg

crx_sir_02.jpg

crx_sir_03.jpg

crx_sir_04.jpg

crx_sir_05.jpg

crx_sir_06.jpg

crx_sir_07.jpg

:cool:

i also think you have made your mind up and want this lol. looks really nice, like jermal said though maybe a bit to pricey, but a future classic which could potentially be mint and have the best spec going. not to mention a really low millage.

Oh it's quite pretty!! I agree it seems expensive but then if you think it's worth it, you'll only pay what you think it's worth!

I think it needs to come down a bit, unless it was literally perfect I doubt it would sell at that price. Saying that my CRX pricing knowledge isn't great!

Yes yes yes.

LOVE these and your right, not many about nowadays.

These were one of my very first fav cars. The back is so iconic to me.

Get it man, im in situaton now where I have my pick and these were in my sortlist but missed the final cut due to a few things I didnt fancy, drive train wise.

If you get this im coming see you mate :lol: .

Please get it.

Nice find: After one myself..:cool:

Just text the chap, seeking a viewing :cool:

I'm kidding bud... :p

Seriously though - nice comprehensive Q&A... I hope the answers come back favourable, because the mileage is nothing if genuine (And it's definitely a massive positive to have Full service history: Japanese/Import). I hope he's genuine enough to answer those questions.. As I think you have covered all bases well.

I'd be very tempted to part with the cash, if the car is as genuine as the ad seems - and the answers to your questions come back positively supporting it. I'd try and knock him down though.. and would definitely want an 'extended' test drive... It is a 20-year old car afterall; even if it is an immaculate Honda.

Good Luck, and that is a very rare example for the mileage alone.. let alone the spec/limited run.

Last edited by a moderator:
CRX are awesome!!!

If you can afford it then I say go for it. It's true you could get a ropey early EP3 for that money but I wouldn't. I'm looking for a DC2 at the moment and I thought about an early EP3but thought whats the point rather have a lower milage Classic.

Good luck with the buying dude.

go for it. inported in 07 so rust wont even be a issue...... If you realy want somthing do it becuase if you dont you will regret it

Back