• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

what do you think

There was a nice ATR I here the other day I'd give that a look first. Otherwise that looks alright my old man had one for a bit was a really good family car.

There was a nice ATR I here the other day I'd give that a look first. Otherwise that looks alright my old man had one for a bit was a really good family car.

Needs to be a diesel really, want to try and get running costs down a little form the civic. Same with insurance and the accord is only group 12.

I know its an old mans car, but I think I would chip it and if I can afford to get some different alloys on it. At the end of the day my civic is 5 years old and give it 2 more years and I guess we will want to start a family so one 4 door car would be handy

I really like the Accord Type S:

HondaAccordType-S.jpg

honda-accord-type-s-1.jpg

Saw one the other day and it looked :cool:

Just had a look on pistonheads and autotrader and Accords are going for ridiculously cheap now. :eek:

Just had a look on pistonheads and autotrader and Accords are going for ridiculously cheap now. :eek:

Buyers market ftw!!! :smt047

Cars are a fantastic way to spend well atm - prices are dropping like Rossy's boxers in a gay bar. :lol:

Ben, I looked at these when there was a chance I was going to have to sell the Civic. Not the fastest things in the world, but they still have old-school double wishbone so can be hustled very well.

Plenty of toys, and running on my RE30's with some better suspension I'm sure it'd go well...although I was thinking of a 2.4 w/ supercharger :twisted:

Ben, I looked at these when there was a chance I was going to have to sell the Civic. Not the fastest things in the world, but they still have old-school double wishbone so can be hustled very well.

Plenty of toys, and running on my RE30's with some better suspension I'm sure it'd go well...although I was thinking of a 2.4 w/ supercharger :twisted:

LMAO, trust you!

Well Nick was already saying about suspuension but not sure as this would be the one for taking people about in so I think they would prefer the softer ride :rolleyes: but chipping it is definitely an option

I hated the visibility with the enormous A pillar, the Diesel was ok and I much prefer the styling to the newer Accord.

A good friend of mine had one of these for a couple of years and it will make you think of Nat's old TDi as light and nimble. :lol: Big heavy car with huge amounts of inertia and not enough grunt to overcome it.

Why are you looking at something this size? Is Nat up the duff? :eek:

LOL, nah just for the future and we have 2 nephews who are only small.

To be honest we weren't overly impressed so now not sure what to do. My car now has no Recaros so I am feeling sorry for myself. Wished I hadn't sold them now :rolleyes:

Perhaps the 2.2 diesel current shape Civic would be better suited. I hear they have some grunt, and IIRC there is a 4 door version. I believe it's a Type S?

Perhaps the 2.2 diesel current shape Civic would be better suited. I hear they have some grunt, and IIRC there is a 4 door version. I believe it's a Type S?
diesel civic is 2.2. type s 3 door only both types of fuel although petrol is a 1.8 140 bhp diesel is 160 bhp

I hated the visibility with the enormous A pillar, the Diesel was ok and I much prefer the styling to the newer Accord.

On the outside I agree, but the interior is horrible and I'm sure you agreed when we looked at one in Swindon last year?

Well the accord is a no no. Looked for a smaller car yesterday and found this

Looks odd but drove ok, just a 1.5 diesel so very good mpg. Up to 70mpg on long runs!!! I think it would benefit from some loweing springs, but lets see. Going to stick the Civic up for sale at £7000 later now that most of the bits are stripped. Will leave the wheels and exhaust as I dont have standard parts to go back in.

I will be going to test drive a Sport Ka later hopefully to see how that is, think it might be to small though.

Back