• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

what extra do i need for a straight through?

hi guys... another n00b question :)

ive got a backbox on my car, dont have a clue what brand... but Im sick of the droaning on motorways, after having a look it seems Ive got a full system

so Im thinking about going back to OEM backbox, and possible running a straight through?

Im new to this whole thing so not upto speed on all the terminology n what not :)
but what do I need to get done for this? can I just get a straight through from the manifold to the OEM backbox? or do I need a manifold also?
and I remember reading about the o2 sensor... what do I need to do about this?

thanks and sorry if its a n00b question :) first time at modding a car so learning everything as i go :p

IIRC, you only need the o2 sim if you're running a de-cat without a re-map ECU.

The pipe from the backbox to the CAT (attached to the manifold) is the B-pipe, which is generally considered the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust system. I run an unsilenced supersprint B-pipe with the OEM backbox and it's quite loud but just about bearable. There are good aftermarket silenced B-pipes out there which give good gains, you might be best looking at one of those?

You need to find out if you have a CAT back system or just a backbox, you should be able to tell by having a look under your car. Take a pic and post it if you're not sure.

Back