• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What have I done to my car?!

Hi folks, a new forum user here. I recently acquired an 05 CTR which has been great. Its pretty standard, although I've been modding it almost on a daily basis!

Today I was fitting an Omex Seq. Shift Lamp, and was trying to suss out the coil wiring:

I was trying to see which of the spark plug loom was coil pos and coil neg....i put the multimeter neg on the black & white wire, and the pos on the middle one - while the ign key was in position 2. I heard a little crackle which reminded me of a fuse blowing!

When I later tried to start the engine, it turned over but wouldnt ignite. I think I may have shorted something....have I blown a fuse or relay?

Help please!!

PANIC OVER!! *Pheeeewww*

I checked all of the fuses in the engine bay, then started with the Ignition Coil fuse in the cabin - that 15a fuse was blown! Thankfully the ECU was protected from amateurs like me! lol
The fuse was tucked away in the bottom left, behind a couple of tight looms, so getting at it was the hardest part. I borrowed a 15a fuse from the side light circuit, and then bought some replacements from a local shop.

So with everything put back together, i'm happy to say that its running fine. From now on i'll do more research before probing about!

Back