• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What Honda Said About My Clutch

So we are all aware of the clutch problem on the FN2, and I am one of those who has this problem, as much as I have tried to ignore the noise I have got to the point where I can take no more!

So I thought I'd share my little experience with my local Honda Garage.

This morning the car was booked in and to my frustration on the drive to the garage, not a noise from the clutch, nothing! Bloody typical, anyway on arrival the staff at service reception seemed to be well aware of this fault and told me about the master cylinder being the main cause.

They told me they had replaced some in the past for previous customers only to find that a short time after they were back with the same problem, a squeek.

So they said that they have found (in there cases) it is not the cyclinder that is at fault but the lubricant used inside of it, and that they would simply strip down the clutch, cyclinder and other parts check everything was as it should be just incase and re-lube the parts as required.

After a few hours I returned, and as Honda said they had carried out the stripping of the clutch assembly and lubricated the appropriate parts, after discounts thanks to my 'Hendy advantage card' I had a bill of £45.

Now im not expecting it to be a complete fix, but for the minute the clutch glids smoothly and without a noise, so until it returns im happy!

Part of the 'Hendy' group, it gives me 50% of MOT's 10% discount on all parts/ labour, free courtesy car, colletion/ delivery service within 10miles radius plus various other things, had to pay £14 for it but every little helps!

Back