• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the best Header?

Alot of people rubbish the Spoon, and say its restrictive. The Toda is definately best.

I've seen people rate the following ;

Toda > DC > JR > Spoon. Some people have had good results with them, although people say they are just a glorified and slightly modded JDM part for big money.

At the SVE r/r day last summer the ADH Spoon demo CTR only made about 205 fly bhp with Spoon drop in filter, std. ECU, Spoon 4-2, and 2-1, b-pipe and N1.

I can't knock value for money on my 2nd hand DCRH which I picked up for £250 :D Alex G's toda made about 4 wheel bhp more than my similar setup with a DCRH.

Spoon links ;

http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/ProductDisplay.asp?SubID=26
http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/ProductDisplay.asp?SubID=27

Jon

How much would I be looking at come MOT time to replace the standard manifiold for the toda?

MilanoChris said:
How much would I be looking at come MOT time to replace the standard manifiold for the toda?

I'll tell you in September when the DCRH has to come off for my first MOT. A mate of a mate charged me £40 to remove my std header and decat, and fit the DCRH and JDM front antiroll bar. With a 1 piece header like the Toda or DCRH, you need to drop the front anti-roll bar by undoing the two bushes to get the clearance to manover the header into position, leaving it hanging by the drop links. A two piece like the Spoon / Jackson should be easier.

Jon

It's a while till our first MOT isn't Chris?

I got MOT done a couple of weeks early and then just put header after. So another year till mine is due again.
I did ask the garage where i had it MOT'd how much they would charge to swap them over. Mechanic told he could do it for £50 if i did the MOT there again.

MilanoChris said:
Is there likely to be a huge amount of difference gains wise between the Spoon and Toda?
I had a Spoon mani on mine and changed it for a Toda because the 2-1 pipe was cracked. Had them tuned at System-R about three weeks apart:
Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 / Buddyclub Spec IV made 202bhp atw at 8650rpm
Toda / Toda cat-back made 215bhp atw at 8000rpm

GruppeM & KPro fitted in both cases. The difference in area under the graphs is very large, and at 8000rpm the Toda combo looks like nearly 20bhp better.

Evs said:
MilanoChris said:
Is there likely to be a huge amount of difference gains wise between the Spoon and Toda?
I had a Spoon mani on mine and changed it for a Toda because the 2-1 pipe was cracked. Had them tuned at System-R about three weeks apart:
Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 / Buddyclub Spec IV made 202bhp atw at 8650rpm
Toda / Toda cat-back made 215bhp atw at 8000rpm

GruppeM & KPro fitted in both cases. The difference in area under the graphs is very large, and at 8000rpm the Toda combo looks like nearly 20bhp better.

Blimey! That's some difference. Think I shall go for the Toda then and get everything changed come MOT time (still 2 1/2 years away :lol: ).

Not even sure if I'll keep it that long.

Back