• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the best Header?

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
To go with my Gruppe M and Spoon kit?

Only one of the best out there will do.

Lokking to pick one up after KPro.

Just been speaking to HASNIC and got the same answer. Damn sexy piece of kit!

Hmm.

More £££ :evil:

hmm may not be as clear cut as that. The toda is escellent bit of kit, proven. However as far as I am aware you will more than likely need the JDM anti roll bar so you have to factor that extra cost in. Also I believe it is one piece so you are unable to fit a race cat, or replace your old header and cat come mot time. I am sure the Jackson one is also excellent quality yet I think you can just refit your cat come MOT time, also you do not need the JDM bar. As for power the dofference between the two I am sure would not be noticable on the road in real world driving situations.

So pound per bhp and value it may be closer than you think.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

G said:
hmm may not be as clear cut as that. The toda is escellent bit of kit, proven. However as far as I am aware you will more than likely need the JDM anti roll bar so you have to factor that extra cost in. Also I believe it is one piece so you are unable to fit a race cat, or replace your old header and cat come mot time. I am sure the Jackson one is also excellent quality yet I think you can just refit your cat come MOT time, also you do not need the JDM bar. As for power the dofference between the two I am sure would not be noticable on the road in real world driving situations.

How much is the JR one G?

G said:

I don't think the stock cat will bolt into the JR header?

Not sure what you mean by can't replace your old header and cat come mot time? It just a case of unbolting it and putting the stock one back in?

What I mean is I thought with the Jackson you could fit a race cat as it came in two pieces it has an intermmediate pipe that replaces the cat part, but with a toda it was all one piece? So when you go mot, you have to replace the header with your oem one. But with the Jackson you could just re-fit the cat. I guess I was missinformed then :)

Cost around £580 ish I think or less.

You can't fit a standard cat is no, Guy modifys the existing JR pipe thats with the header to incorporate a race cat to pass emmisions etc...

When you add the cost of a race cat though plus modifying etc.. is it worth it ? and seeing Chris has a pretty new car he wouldn't need to worry for a while (the reason I had mine fitted about 2 months after getting the car :lol:

Carl

N77 said:
You can't fit a standard cat is no, Guy modifys the existing JR pipe thats with the header to incorporate a race cat to pass emmisions etc...

When you add the cost of a race cat though plus modifying etc.. is it worth it ? and seeing Chris has a pretty new car he wouldn't need to worry for a while (the reason I had mine fitted about 2 months after getting the car :lol:

Carl

fair do's Carl. Though at least you would have a system that has the benifits of a header but will still pass the mot. And I am sure even with the mods it would be cheaper than the Toda plus Anti Roll bar (though I am aware that the bar is not allways needed). Just an option of course :)

I am sure Guy could let us know the cost of both systems.

G said:
N77 said:

Carl

fair do's Carl. Though at least you would have a system that has the benifits of a header but will still pass the mot. And I am sure even with the mods it would be cheaper than the Toda plus Anti Roll bar (though I am aware that the bar is not allways needed). Just an option of course :)

From what I read on the Toda site the bar is required.

milano_chris said:
G said:
N77 said:

Carl

From what I read on the Toda site the bar is required.

As are engine mounts to stop the manifold cracking.

Yeah I think so m8. So far I have been ok, but I may upgrade anyway as two bolts holding my JRSC on have sheared....again! Just wondering if less engine movement may put a we bit less strain on.

Any way back on topic :)

G said:
Yeah I think so m8. So far I have been ok, but I may upgrade anyway as two bolts holding my JRSC on have sheared....again! Just wondering if less engine movement may put a we bit less strain on.

Any way back on topic :)

ah right mate yes thats probably why i haven't had these problems on my jrsc.

I have energy suspension engine mounts.

A freindly MOT station is always handy if you don't want to keep changing your manifold come MOT time aswell! :wink: :lol:

Im going to have pretty much the same set up, but instead of Spoon im going for Fujitsubo RM-01 exhaust 8)

I've changed the exhaust to a Apexi hayabusa. Think I might go for the Spoon manifold instead though.

MilanoChris said:
I've changed the exhaust to a Apexi hayabusa. Think I might go for the Spoon manifold instead though.

The JDM 2-1 cat section will also fit on the Spoon 4-2 manifold in place of the Spoon 2-1 section for MOT time :)

Jon

JonCTR said:
MilanoChris said:

The JDM 2-1 cat section will also fit on the Spoon 4-2 manifold in place of the Spoon 2-1 section for MOT time :)

Jon

Thats why I mentioned it, Paul at TDi North informed me.

Is there likely to be a huge amount of difference gains wise between the Spoon and Toda?

Pics of Spoon would be nice too.

Back