• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What mesh have you used to ... mesh your front bumper ??

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
Hi,
I've been looking at my radiator (like you do...) last time I polished the bonnet, and I didint like the look of it.

It's got lots of small bumps everywhere.

Went to Halford to get an idea of what I could easily get to mesh the front bumper.
They only have plastic mesh. And it doesnt look to me like this thing is gonna last much.

So I just wanted to check with you guys what kind of stuff you've used and where you got it from. Thanks!

ok, thanks.

last time I went to halford they had some ripspeed stuff but it wasnt the metallic one. I'll watch out for that then.

i used a sheet of the black plastic mesh from halfrauds - about £20 i think

took the front bumper off and cut/bent it into shape to fill the gap where the radiator is.

then with the use of several strategically placed cable ties - fixed it into place.

did exactly the same on my last ctr and never had any problems with it (never moved / cracked / gave way)

looks the business and you cant even see the cable ties from the front!

regards

howard

Just actually opened the box and had a look at the back of the splitter.

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

It is about 20mm by 12mm.

Will the Halfrauds stuff be any finer than that?

halfrauds diamond mesh here too

i sprayed mine black though. had bought silver originally for another car but when i did the ctr i decided i wanted black :)

Back