• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What next?

Hobbes

Walking Stiffy
Ok peps,
So I've got a BMC induction kit on, and a spoon N1 backbox. So now I'm looking towards some power gains.

I wouldnt mind getting up and around the 220BHP mark, but I'm, not interested in making my car any louder i.e I dont want to change the B-pipe into say a Spoon one.

Any ideas of what I could look to do and or approx costs?

Cheers fellas.

Me

:O)

dotty said:
Lose the BMC get an AEM and get a spoon B-pipe :twisted:

You thrash over the AEM :lol: :lol:

Hey hobbes what power are you getting from it at the moment then?

Poly Suspension bushes, half decent set of engine mounts, goodridge braided hoses, clutch and flywheel (depending on miles)

Lots of little there that IMO should be done before you up the power of the CTR ;)

smeg said:
dotty said:
Lose the BMC get an AEM and get a spoon B-pipe :twisted:

You thrash over the AEM :lol: :lol:

Hey hobbes what power are you getting from it at the moment then?

Well I reckon a shade over 200BHP if all the figures quoted at me are true.

BMC quotes an 8-10BHP gain, so lets take that down to say a sensible 3-5 horse.

The N1, apart from weight I'll be lucky for about 1GHP extra.

So I reckon I'm pushing about 205BHP? Aroundish.

:?:

How olds your car?? - Factor in the gained Bhp from a few miles on the clock from where its been run in. :)

SOates82 said:
Poly Suspension bushes, half decent set of engine mounts, goodridge braided hoses, clutch and flywheel (depending on miles)

Lots of little there that IMO should be done before you up the power of the CTR ;)

Uprating the clutch and flywheel isn't really needed unless you have big power or do loads of harsh standing starts. My car is on it's original clutch, and it's absolutely fine, that's about 50bhp up on standard. Plus fitting a sports clutch makes it harder to drive in traffic.

Engine mounts and goodridge hoses are very worth while though. Getting rid of some of the wheel hop and giving the brakes more feel.

Out of everything I've done to my car the best mod by a mile is the coilovers. Yeah toda stuff is good, but nothing could prepare me for the difference Tein susperstreets made. The handling is 1000% better. If you swaped the suspension with my tein's onto a stock car (and thus stock suspension on my car) I'm confident the standard car with coilovers would destroy a tuned CTR with OE suspension. It gives so much feel you can actually drift the car around roundabouts without worrying about it suddenly snapping away.

So Hobbes, coilovers ;) Failing that, some decent springs like Tein or Spoon would be your best bet IMO, and of course some Ferrodo pads and goodridge lines.

Do you see why I'm so poor now? :oops:

kal said:
I would think again about another mid pipe for bhp gains

Yes me to.

The standard mid pipe might be holding back a few ponnies :lol:

Stop being a pussy :lol:

Seriously mate, changing the mid pipe would be the best option for gains other then getting a top end induction kit.

I lived with it for 3 600 mile trips mate, but now I have the Apexi on it doesn't drone as much.

Hobbes said:
smeg said:
kal said:
I would think again about another mid pipe for bhp gains

Yes me to.

The standard mid pipe might be holding back a few ponnies :lol:
#

Yeah but I really dont want the car to get any louder??

Hobbes a spoon backbox with spoon b-pipe isnt all that loud tbh mate :)

The noise it does make is awesome too. 8)

depends on what you want @ the end of the day bud....

Spoon B pipe and Spood N1 are a great combo. However, the design of this now is well a few years old. There are other exhausts out there giving better gains etc.....

With regards to the BMC, ditch it..... you more likly loosing power with it....

Go with a proven desgin such as a AEM cold air, these aren't a great deal of money chap. Speak to tom @ TGM i am sure he would offer very good advice to you.

My person opinion is this:

AEM cold air with a Toda / Fujiturbo or however its spelt system.

if you have any more questions bud u have my MSN address :D

Andy

andyd said:
With regards to the BMC, ditch it..... you more likly loosing power with it....

How have you managed to come up with that advice?

Back