• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

what oil for ep3 ??

Hi i have just bought type r on a 2004 done 90k want to service it bought set of ngk laser iridium plugs of ebay now iam shopping around for a good quality oil such as castrol mobil etc just like to know what grade oil should be fine for my engine it runs sweet never burns oil :)..

will these oil be fine 5w40 castrol edge? 0w40 mobil 1 new life ?? Thanks

hardly drive it just take it out now and then as a second car and i treat it like a baby lol since bought it i havnt yet kikd v tec in only did when i took it for a test drive :D.. so is 5w40 ok to use? iam looking to go halfords or motorsport shop for a performance oil

Last edited by a moderator:
5-40 is spot on mate 5-30 is ok aswell, honda recommended 5-40 to me ur be pushed to get it from halfords mate they do there own type but dont bother with that get a decent brand. i see your from warwick you might see me drivin around town im in a 55 plate cosmic grey premier adittion, get using that v tec it loves it mate!! :D

I ran both my EP3 and FN2 on Castrol Edge 0w30 as that's what Honda recommend in the manual and that's what my dealer used and did a combined 70k miles in the two cars and the universe didn't implode so I was happy with that.

Anything 5w40 fully synthetic. Reducing your service schedule is far better for the car than worrying about brands.

i own a black type r 54 plate , going to service it soon and have hid kits fitted soon as. just was confused what oil to buy was also looking at magnatec 5w30 and mobil super 3000 5w30 also. but yeah iam not going for any cheapo such as planet oil or comma oils lol! my spark plugs cost me around £38 ngk laser iridium

might just go for Mobil 1 newlife 0w40 fully synthetic its 5 ltr when castrol do 4ltr and but 1 ltr extra long thing lol, i hope 0w 40 isnt to thin oil for the car ?:confused:

Back