• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What oil???

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Hello, i'm new here and was wondering what oil to put in my CTR?? Also when should i put some in??? :wink: :lol:

Gatecliffe said:
When the light comes on mate :wink:

FOR ANY NOOBS READING THIS DON'T WAIT THAT LONG :oops:

:lol: :lol:

We're all noobs!! :lol: :lol:

I'll speak to oilman I think, he seems to know loads :lol: :wink:

I do know really!! My orginal post was meant as a newbie joke! :roll: :wink:

Neily03 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what colours do the CTR come in then....can I have a yellow one? :wink: :lol:

yowserctr said:
Neily03 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what colours do the CTR come in then....can I have a yellow one? :wink: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

What does JDM mean?? :wink:

Do you bother have to run the car in or can you thrash it from day 1 :wink:

Actually on subject I have bought some SILKOLENE PRO S 5w-40 from Oilman. I'm just waiting for my 1st service to but it in.
I was waiting for a HAMP oil filter as well, but thats a completely different subject :evil:

paul.goffin said:

Actually on subject I have bought some SILKOLENE PRO S 5w-40 from Oilman. I'm just waiting for my 1st service to but it in.
I was waiting for a HAMP oil filter as well, but thats a completely different subject :evil:

thrash it from day 1, it goes faster. im on my third CTR now and ive caned em all straight away. read something b4 about running a new engine in and it was talking about the expansion and contraction of new metal, saying that if you dont really loosen up within the first 4-500miles then it wont probably till its done stupid mileage, dunno how true this is but the guy seemed to know what he was talkin about. ive neva experienced any trouble with any of mine and they've all pulled an indicated 150 on a flat piece of motorway. as for oil, i got a little leaflet with my handbook recommending castrol longtec SLX for CTR (0W-30). i changed my oil last week and couldnt get hold of this (basically was told its too new) and used castrol RS (0W-40) instead. this is a top oil and i know that its put in M3's. when you go for a service i'd take your own oil with you. was told by this dick at the parts desk b4 that they use a semi-synthetic for oil changes (in a CTR!) and its what is put in in the factory as standard. basically ensure that whateva you use is fully synthetic and a 0W grade, the number after that just indicates the temp range (30-40 is fine)

CTR said:
paul.goffin said:

thrash it from day 1, it goes faster. im on my third CTR now and ive caned em all straight away. read something b4 about running a new engine in and it was talking about the expansion and contraction of new metal, saying that if you dont really loosen up within the first 4-500miles then it wont probably till its done stupid mileage, dunno how true this is but the guy seemed to know what he was talkin about. ive neva experienced any trouble with any of mine and they've all pulled an indicated 150 on a flat piece of motorway. as for oil, i got a little leaflet with my handbook recommending castrol longtec SLX for CTR (0W-30). i changed my oil last week and couldnt get hold of this (basically was told its too new) and used castrol RS (0W-40) instead. this is a top oil and i know that its put in M3's. when you go for a service i'd take your own oil with you. was told by this dick at the parts desk b4 that they use a semi-synthetic for oil changes (in a CTR!) and its what is put in in the factory as standard. basically ensure that whateva you use is fully synthetic and a 0W grade, the number after that just indicates the temp range (30-40 is fine)

150mph on the CTR speedo is less than 140mph, you need to get the seedo to 160 to get the offical 146mph. :wink:

Neily03 said:
CTR said:
paul.goffin said:

150mph on the CTR speedo is less than 140mph, you need to get the seedo to 160 to get the offical 146mph. :wink:

done it mate. dunno whether u come from the CTRO forum but theres a pic on there of my speedo doin the clock. ad a mate to post if for me. it caused a bit of controversy as well, with people saying it was faked and then goin into all the crap about speedo accuracy which i cant b arsed to get dragged into. a CTR will do th indicated book speed. when autocar tested 1 (and they use racelogic timin equip) it did everything honda claimed it would unlike the recently released VXR. vauxhall claimed 152 top end, autocar tested it last week and only managed 143 and CTR was still faster to 100!

The CTR will do 146mph but the speedo will need to show about 160mph, thats what i'm saying. :roll:

Neily03 said:
The CTR will do 146mph but the speedo will need to show about 160mph, thats what i'm saying. :roll:

mine was showing 155 on the clocks

146 on the satnav..

wouldnt got 1mph over that for some reason

Back