• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What petrol do you use?

Just a quick thread to get a few opinions on fuel choices.

I have had my FN2 for a few weeks now and am loving it! The only thing I am not loving is the 220 miles or so I have gotten from my first tank of fuel. I know the engine isn't exactly made to be good on fuel but I really haven't driven it that fast, that often.

My first tank of petrol was the premium stuff from Sainsbury's, does the higher RON value make much difference MPG-wise?

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

Woz

On a standard car, normal unleaded will be fine.

I've had mine mapped on Super so I have to use it, you won't have to.

You should be getting more than 220 miles from a tank though that being said. Is it due a service?

Well, it is fully standard so I think I will try standard, see if that makes much difference.

According to the paperwork, it had a full service at Honda in June, car has done roughly 4k since then, so that said, I wasn't going to have it serviced until June next year.

What kind of mileage should I be getting, my drive to work is only 10-15 minutes or so with average traffic driving.

I can see from your sig Loxy that you are getting almost 30 with a mapped ECU and I assume other various breathing mods?

Aye, I've done a fair bit to mine but you tend to get slightly better mpg on a remapped car.

If it was serviced in June it should be OK, it's 12 months or 12,500 miles. Might just be worth checking the air filter isn't filthy. It's only changed every 25k on the service schedule.

You should be getting around 25-28 mpg really on short journeys but it depends how you drive it. The cold weather doesn't help because it takes longer for the engine to warm up. I've been getting 25/26 on my 14 mile commute recently.

Sorry, I didn't see the link to your mod list, you certainly have done a bit to it, all the right mods too!

I'll check the filter and see how I go, you think it's worth it to replace the standard filter with a good panel filter? I told myself I wasn't going to change much if anything on this one, I've done all that before with my previous cars lol

It can't hurt. If you get a K&N panel filter you get the Brucie bonus that's it's cleanable.

Super fuels make no difference on K20s up to compression levels under 12.5:1

Under this you reach MBT before knock so no additional octane levels means more ignition advance and therefore power. I does usually however mean a smoother running engine and cold idle etc.

On my EP3 I usually use BP 95 Ron standard unleaded. I am getting an average of 30mpg from the car and around 270 miles per tank.

i was using normal unleaded when i first got mine and getting around 29 last 3 months or so using tesco 99 and getting around 32 i know you guys say makes no diff but mine is standard apart from k&n filter and milltek catback so make out of that what you want
On my EP3 I usually use BP 95 Ron standard unleaded. I am getting an average of 30mpg from the car and around 270 miles per tank.

i run shell v-power in my fn2 and get around 270-300 out a tank in mine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

same, i am also running v-power though I've only once got it up to 300 miles , guess i have a bit more of a heavy foot

Back