• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What size and brand for best performance?

My recently purchased EP3 has nasty cheap tyres which I'm replacing. I'm used to trackdays and driving fast so I'm going for a FRSU and Eibach springs. Do people prefer 215 45 17 or 215 40 17? Also, people have any recommendations for me tyre-wise? I'm thinking of Yokohamas.

I'm after traditional road tyres, semi slicks are too expensive and a bit dodgy in the wrong conditions! Lol.

Its a contreversial subject and down to the driver, if you want stiff sidewalls then Bridgestone. Ive alway kept to these and used them a few times on track when the weather is too bad for 888's and they are good.

Some people however hate them and say they are bad in the rain, however chasing people round Brands on them in the rain I would beg to differ.

Cheers dude. I always like to hear from people who do trackdays as they get to experience a tyres limits! I'm getting prices on various tyres as I type this!

can only comment on a road tyre but i run on AVON ZZ3's and find them fantastic! unbelievable levels of grip in the dry and very good levels in the wet to be honest. never let me down yet and have always felt very safe and solid taking fast corners :) the only downside to this however is i think they wear quicker than most other brands... but performance wise i cant fault them! can get good deals on a set of 4 brand new ones one ebay too :) hope this helps

Back