• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What size speakers do i buy?

Hi all i have just bought a 55 plate CTR and i am going to upgrade the sound system. I have already bought a new head unit and fascia but i dont know what size of speakers fit the same space as the standard ones in the door cards and in the rear of the car. Can anyone help as i cannot have a look as i am currently overseas and doing my buying over the internet.

Also i bought an Alpine head unit which didnt come with any wiring to fit into the standard connector from the std head unit. Does anyone know which ( i think they are called) ISO lead i need??

Thanks your help would be very much appreciated!

Speakers are 6.5" for front and rear, they ones Carl is selling are very good and will be easy to fit because they aren't too bulky at the back. I use DLS myself, highly recommended if you are going to power them from an external amp.

Hi thanks for the reply. Had a look at the speakers thanks for the ofdfer but they are not what im looking for.

You say 6.5" front and rear? What about the depth? Does anyone know i type of speaker , prefferably alpine, which will be a straight swap with my standard ones, and a website which sells them?

Thanks for the info on the ISO lead.

Much apreciated.

there is a straight swap kit for front speakers on ebay, with adapters and all. No need for drilling etc

Downside is, the speakers are only 13cm.

Made by Kenwood, I had them in my 51 plate. Much better than standard

sure, for £40 and ease of fitment, it`s a good upgrade. Don`t expect earth shattering sounds though, but they are better

i would like some really good sounds i dont want to turn up my headset and only get half way without distortion. Has anyone got any realistically priced ,good quality, easy to fit suggestions? I need speakers for front and back from £120 - £150??

thanks for the reply

If you want good a very good sound setup, you`re going to have to drill holes in the door and fit vectra adapters, buy and fit acoustic carpet, buy quality front and back speakers (at least £140 for them 4) and power an amp from the battery to the boot, and wire that to the front and back speakers, and the head unit

No way for £120

Back