• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What size tyres will i need to fit 17x9 wheels

Hi Guys

I have some 17x9 et42 wheels from my old scooby that I want to put on the civic but I want to understand what sort of size tyre I will need? I'm also assuming I will need to roll all four arches but that's no biggy.

Are they pcd 5x114? Pre hawkeye Subarus were 5x100, so if that's the case they won't fit.

Also the bore will be wrong. Honda needs 64.1, all modern Subarus are 56.1, so you would need to get the wheel centre machined out or they won't fit over the lip.

Are they pcd 5x114? Pre hawkeye Subarus were 5x100, so if that's the case they won't fit.

Also the bore will be wrong. Honda needs 64.1, all modern Subarus are 56.1, so you would need to get the wheel centre machined out or they won't fit over the lip.

wrong. Subaru changed to 5x114.3 during the blob eye when they moved over to the wide track model. :smt023

Also the wheels aren't manufactures by Subaru. Subaru standard wheels are around 8j. I'll just require some spigot rings to fit providing the offset will be ok? :D

I was hoping a 225/45/17 would be ok as I don't want any more stretch than that.

Well technically the widetrack blob is the Hawkeye running gear, so we're both right.

So the centre bore of the rims are more than 64.1 then and you ran them with spigots on the STi?

OEM EP3 wheels are 7j with an ET45.

Minimum tyre size you are looking at on a 9j is 235 but they'll look stretched, so you're probably looking at going up to 245/40.

Looking at this the wheels will be 25mm further in without even looking at the outside:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...diameter2=17&wheelwidth2=9&offset2=43#content

I'd be very surprised if they didn't catch on the suspension struts and inner arches under load.

You could space them out but then you'll need some mega rolling of the arches or a wide arch kit.

In which case it'll probably look like this posted on the fb page yesterday. Granted they aren't 17s but still...

FB_IMG_1426859198924.jpg

FB_IMG_1426859302235.jpg

They are 18x8j et15 from based on what he's said.

that looks like a 4x4 to me, not the look i'm going for.

yes you are correct the wide track was technically a hawks running gear but mine was a blob :)

The reason I though they may fit is the rota grids on the smoke hoes ep3 are 17x9.5 et42 with 10mm spacers (0.5" wider wheel and the same offset)

i also have 225/45/17 tyres on the wheels at the moment and they help up find on the scooby :)

honda-civic-smokehoes.jpg

Back