• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What to transfer off my facelift onto a pre face

Hi guys Unfortunately as some of you are aware I recently had a smash and my 05 ctr is totalled.
so I will be transplanting my own engine into a pre facelift ctr. What I would like to know is, is there anything that I should swap over other than my engine and mods? For example are there any parts on a facelift model that are better than those that are on a preface?
Cheers

Steering rack, flywheel (will go in with the engine if you take the gearbox as well) and suspension were supposed to be the main changes.

Not sure about the suspension differences to be honest.

Pre-facelifts didn't have the auto-up (one click up) on the driver's window IIRC, but that would be a bit of faff to change I'd of thought.

Grab your seats and door cards if you like them better.

Headlights and tail-lights are obvious ones if they are still intact, but you will need to do some work to get them to fit. There are some threads on here on how to do it.

Steering rack, flywheel (will go in with the engine if you take the gearbox as well) and suspension were supposed to be the main changes.

Not sure about the suspension differences to be honest.

Pre-facelifts didn't have the auto-up (one click up) on the driver's window IIRC, but that would be a bit of faff to change I'd of thought.

Grab your seats and door cards if you like them better.

Headlights and tail-lights are obvious ones if they are still intact, but you will need to do some work to get them to fit. There are some threads on here on how to do it.

Thanks Loxy. I'm taking over the box too as it has my lsd inside. Suspension wise I have coilovers if they are not damaged, won't know until I get the car back.
I can salvage my interior and head lights and possibly front bumper too.

What's the difference with the steering racks?
Are the mirrors easy enough to change and wire in?

Ah this is painful! My thinking is that with the money I 'hopefully' receive from the insurance, instead of purchasing another facelift, I could purchase a cheaper pre facelift and spend the extra putting it how I want it. Thinking of spraying it inside and out in championship white, full cage, and possibly some decent seats. I know that sounds a lot but I have a friend that can spray very well for mates rates!
What you think?

Cheers

The rack is supposed to be quicker on the facelift. It might need the control arms too if that's the case.

Mirrors aren't that hard by all accounts. Someone posted recently and apparently you just take a feed from the indicators on the wing for the indicator.

If you swap the mirrors you'll need to swap the front wings too, unless you want to keep the side repeaters in those too.

Back