• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What tyres?

Rcb

I had a thread up on CTRO but not heard much...

Now the first question is, 205 or 215? Any difference in handling or is it purely just looks?

Second question, which make? I want most importantly dry grip, I don't push it in the wet but I don't want it to be dangerous and still give me some driveability in the wet. I've ruled Toyos out due to the soft side walls, even though I loved my Toyos on my previous car (RX8)

Ideas? Need to buy them tonight or tomorrow night at the latest so they are here for the weekend

Cheers
thumb.gif

You ruled toyos out? i love my T1Rs never had any problem in wet or dry and i go through a lot of twisty country lanes to work. yokohama parada spec 2 are good for dry conditions

From what I read on CTRO toyos are a waste of money..but I loved them on my previous car! Stuck like glue in the dry.

whys that? Unless you're going on track they will be perfect for road use, best tyres ive had so far and good value

Apparently their side wall is too soft for the ep3...just from what I've read

So you reccomend them?

yeah definatly, never had any kind of problem with them myself and i would buy them again

parada spec 2's are great in the dry and fine in the wet as long as you dont drive like a fanny.

The yokahamas seem to be cheaper aswell..I think I will go for them as I've only heard good things about them. And I don't care about the wet, I never drive fast when it's wet - as long as they are fine at normal speeds.

I'm currently running Dunlope SP Sport Maxx which have reinforced sidewalls, they're not bad but imo the goodyear ones i had previously had slightly better grip in the wet and dry but they're not too shabby themselves

My other problem aswell is...what tyre size do I go for? What will look best on a lowered EP3?

we had a conversation on here a few months ago discussing if 215's provide more grip over 205's and nothing was actually proven. I've asked people are work and its also puzzled them, but i'm actually starting to learn towards that if the only difference is the width that it wouldn't provide more grip. Unfortunately i've not got any calculations to back that up so it depends on what you believe i guess. Never less imo 215's look better then 205's and will be getting 215's next time around.

i keep the original and potz re050 unless you have aftermarket wheels. Unless your tracking it, you prob wouldnt see much difference, i remember someone said to me, 'you dont know how good your tyres are till you start complaining about your new ones'

when you go aftermarket stuff for so long, sometimes the OEM makes more sense lol

I don't like the potenzas..the whole car tramlines with them on! :(

Not sure what size to go for now, 215s, 205s, 40s 45s? What differences in the way it drives? And looks?

Back