• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats better? BP ultimate or shell V-power

since ive had my ctr i have only used shell v-power. . . i tried the standard shell unleaded and i got less mileage lol!

was wondering how different BP ultimate is??
my friend tried it in his celica gt4 and said performance was the same but got more milleage out of it :eek:

as i get a jerky throttle responce in my car when i let go of the accelerator when driving and its annoying!! took back to honda once and they said its fixed but it was not lol!

With my KPro, Ultimate used to knock quite often. V Power didn't and gave me 35mpg + on long trips so I always stick to it now.

I only use V-power too, but sometimes its not always available, depending on where I am.

I always use premium stuff though, be it Excelleron, Ultimate, the higher octane stuff.

As far as BP to Shell premiums go, I think BP is 97ron and V-power 99ron.

So you get more bang for your buck with shell. On average I get about 20 miles more to a tank with Shell than with Tesco Ulimate which is 98ron IIRC.

HTH

:)

Living in the back of beyond I use Sainsburys or Tesco Super and find no real difference except in my pocket, that's in the S2000 and NSX.

I only use V-power too, but sometimes its not always available, depending on where I am.

I always use premium stuff though, be it Excelleron, Ultimate, the higher octane stuff.

As far as BP to Shell premiums go, I think BP is 97ron and V-power 99ron.

So you get more bang for your buck with shell. On average I get about 20 miles more to a tank with Shell than with Tesco Ulimate which is 98ron IIRC.

HTH

I thought Tesco was 99 Ron like V power, i could be wrong though :confused:

I prefer Shell, however....

I use Tesco 99 by preference now if i can, its cheaper and i get good miles to a tank 8)

I thought Tesco was 99 Ron like V power, i could be wrong though :confused:

I think your right come to think of it, I can remeber it being plasterd all over a Forus rally car a while back that it was 99ron.

Wierd though, because I seem to get more out of a Shell tank as oppssed to a Tesco one.

Random probably.

I'm pretty sure the Tesco's stuff has additives to make it 99 RON.

Yes, it's bio-enhanced (or summit like that!)

Don't forget you get clubcard points with tesco's though ;)

Is the Tesco stuff different to their "premium" unleaded? As I filled up and Tesco a few weeks ago, and it said it was 97 Ron... haven't managed to find anything different at the two Tesco's I've been to!

I need fuel, might take a trip over :p

Failing that one on Sunbury (nearer me) has it too :twisted:

Back