• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whats good value on an ep3/overpriced?

That looks nice, and it's still red.

Use clutch as bargaining point, maybe they'll even agree to do it themselves if they have garage services. It'll cost them less to change it in house than to knock £500 off the price. :)

I see what you mean. It might just be the lack of light in the photo's, if it's not too far away, just go and have a look.

Silver does suffer from different shade bumpers in pictures, the silver one i had looked a complete different silver on the front bumper but you couldnt notice it when looking at the car, so best thing to do is go and have a look mate. Good luck, and all this fuss will be worth it if you buy a gem.

This should explain why http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/visitor/common/pdfs/b/color/dr/Bumper_Color_Challenge.pdf

links dead now so i've managed to copy the info

In recent years refinishers have been faced with new challenges regarding bumper colours. Many newer vehicles have plastic bumpers and fascia’s that wrap around and are flush with the metal parts of the vehicle. In the OEM paint process, plastic bumpers are usually painted separately from the main body of the vehicle – often at a different location – because plastic parts cannot withstand the high bake process that metal parts can. The different application processes and substrates (plastic vs. metal) can result in colour variation – especially with spray sensitive colours (e.g., light beige metallic).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers buddy. He said on the phone he wasn't budging from 5700 for the silver one. I'm thinking of seriously getting a pre-face lift car on 60kish for a decent price, instead of stretching for a face lift. Could spend 5K or less on a pre-face lift on lowish mileage and have it with 500 quid change. Going to join the civic type R owners club and look for private ones with members ride threads etc like you suggested Chris. Pain in the arse but i'm not rushing in to anything, ill insure the GT for another week if need be.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2743226.htm\

The original black one, guy answered the phone today. Says there's wriggle room on the price. 02, 2 owners, 56K, well documented(doesn't say FSH though) looks good. 4800 sounds good doesn't it?

Going to look at it screw the distance. Have to say sorry for bothering you all so much as well it's just i refuse to buy a lemon your advice has been very helpful.

Aftermarket exhaust backbox. Something which should be mentioned in the advert for insurance reasons.

What do they mean by "multi functional steering wheel"?

Loads of errors in the Interior/Exterior tab, this advert is written for a Prem

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheaper one was a bag of ****, with the aftermarket exhaust. Put a deposit down on the silver face lift, 53 plate but probably because up until Feb 04 they can still wear 53 plates.

The clutch and timing chain were changed at Honda, little skeptical on why but i took a risk, some people just do it. It's got a full Honda service history all bar 1 at a different garage. 6 months warranty parts and labour, seems OK. Little high price for the miles, 79,140 for 5600. 12 months MOT 6 months tax. He said the bonnet was sprayed which made me skeptical, but i do know stone chips are very common. Time will tell if I got a lemon, i pick her up tomorrow.

Very excited after the test drive. Think it's an OK deal, not incredible but not too much over priced. From a dealer on the tinterweb lower miles do tend to be over 6k.

Cheers for the help guys.

Cheers can't wait to pick it up, should be either today or after the bank holidays on Tuesday, hopefully today. My only reservation with the car is the mileage, 79K. I know based on pistonheads/parkers, the price is OK considering 500 quid of clutch is done, i'm just not sure what i'd get if anything back for a 90K face lift in 2 years, may even struggle to get 3K.

But other than that, bring on the 5800rpm, :D:D:D:D.

Back