• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's it worth Cosmic 05

How much do you think I would get for my

Standard Cosmic 05
Air con
Full two tone leather retrim
16k miles
exellent gondition, a couple of stone chips thats all
2 new front tyres 3 months ago

Cheers

Jay

As a disposal at a dealer with no part ex don't expect much more than about £11,500. Part ex you may get up to £12,500. Private sale somewhere between the two figures. 8)

Used prices of CTR's are still being hit hard in the trade book. :(

JamieC said:

Thats shocking considering I paid 18k for it in march 05

New model coming, prices have been high for ages. Its called a natural correction. That and the fact that dealers can buy pre reg 06 Premiers with low or delivery mileage for about £13.5k direct from Honda. :(

What makes me chuckle as a Vauxhall dealer is having had a history of massive depreciating cars we seem to have turned the corner.

I would have to give almost the same for an 05 plated 1.6 Astra Sporthatch in part ex. Thats a car that was £15k brand new!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well looks like getting rid of it isnt an option.

If it gets stolen atleast I will have GAP insurance to make the difference up.

I was advised by the dealer to get the GAP, I was going to get a tracker.

Im glad I didnt

JamieC said:
I was advised by the dealer to get the GAP, I was going to get a tracker.

Im glad I didnt

Everyone that I sell a car to be it new or used I recommend GAP insurance to. The take up is really good. And it works. I've had 2 people write their cars off, GAP paid out and they bought replacement cars from me. :D 8)

Why then are 05 CTRs selling fo £14000. I know your a vauxhall dealer but no offence meant but having had Vauxhalls and knowing the depreciation on them is does not compare to Honda. My local Honda dealer is selling final addtion Ctrs with sat nav, aircon and Reccaros on a 55 plate pre reg for £16,495. So you should be able to get between 12 and 13K at a dealer

Diane said:
Why then are 05 CTRs selling fo £14000. I know your a vauxhall dealer but no offence meant but having had Vauxhalls and knowing the depreciation on them is does not compare to Honda. My local Honda dealer is selling final addtion Ctrs with sat nav, aircon and Reccaros on a 55 plate pre reg for £16,495. So you should be able to get between 12 and 13K at a dealer

I was expecting more than 12k considering its got a full leater interior done by Honda and Air con

The only way you can really find out is to visit your local Honda dealer. Is your leather factory fit, if its not then it wont count.

Diane said:
The only way you can really find out is to visit your local Honda dealer. Is your leather factory fit, if its not then it wont count.

Yes the leather is factory fit, might pop to th dealer the weekend

Diane said:

Honda Dealers notoriously put sizeable margins across their cars when they buy them in. They won't be selling them for that. I've had to phone Honda three times over the last few months for them to buy CTR's off me that I've taken in part ex and they are between £1000 and £1500 behind book price.

It doesn't shock me at all that they've ticketed them up at £16.5k. £3k margin is about right!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

MikeyG said:
Diane said:

Honda Dealers notoriously put sizeable margins across their cars when they buy them in. They won't be selling them for that. I've had to phone Honda three times over the last few months for them to buy CTR's off me that I've taken in part ex and they are between £1000 and £1500 behind book price.

It doesn't shock me at all that they've ticketed them up at £16.5k. £3k margin is about right!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ummmmmmmm. I didnt pay that for my pre reg 55 Premier :wink: Lets just say i had a very good deal :D

6 weeks ago i traded in my 05 plate cosmic with aircon and 11000 miles for 13k

dealer only wanted to give me 12k at first but i pushed him... :D

cant say ur get the same price as me though....

I got £12k trade in (05 Cosmic non A/C) against my S2000.

Everyone seems to be panic selling at the moment thinking they are going to get top money for them, this is never going to happen now seeming Honda have flooded the market with the things!! :x

Just keep hold of them until the new CTR has been released and the prices will stabilise again. :D

The 55 pre reg nhb that I rejected and swapped for a cosmic in May this year is still for sale at my local Dealers. I paid £15995 for it 10 delivery mls
with sat nav and aircon. It's in the showroom for £16495 with 851 mls on the clock :!:

Maz x

Maz said:
The 55 pre reg nhb that I rejected and swapped for a cosmic in May this year is still for sale at my local Dealers. I paid £15995 for it 10 delivery mls
with sat nav and aircon. It's in the showroom for £16495 with 851 mls on the clock :!:

Maz x

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That really is taking the micheal a bit :?

Back