• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats mintex pads like???

brakes are squeaking and feel a bit spongy, so pads must be on their way out. Have seen mintex discs pads cheap on ebay. Has anyone used these? Are they better than oem? Heard they are squealers! is this true? I suppose you get what you pay for. What are the best aftermarket front pads to go for? Heard just to get cheap rear pads as they hardly brake anyway, is this true??

I would recommend ferodo ds2500 pads for the front and although i've never used mintex, i've heard many good things about them on here. For the rears, OEM pads will be fine. If the brakes are feeling spongy, then I would recommend changing fluid as well or at least bleeding the system. I use Motul RBF600 fluid which works really well. If you're changing all of that and dont have them already, then get HEL or Goodrich braided lines, it makes a hell of a difference. Et voila, a full brake upgrade :)

I can't remember which type of Mintex pads I've got on but I think they're *****. First 200 miles or so they had good bite, minimal brake dust and wear but after that it's like someone's sprayed WD40 on them. Worst pads I've ever had, but best in terms of brake dust. I'll be going back to OEM or Ferodo once these are worn.

Back