• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What's special about the FN2?

I popped into a Honda showroom today to check out the new type-r, it was a NHB on display so I was comparing it like for like with mine. It felt like the same EP3, but with a new bodyshell, and some naff-alloys. There was no defining features about it whatsoever, even the type-r emblem badge felt like it didn't belong on the car. The rear wheel arches looked tame and just looked like sheet metal with an etched in line which I didn't understand. The front wheel arches looked more promising, flared out, but then to draw you into the front of the car which just didn't make an impression on me whatsoever.

Looking into the car, the accellerator pedal looks something off a fairground dogem car, and the car stereo fasia just looked hideous.

that's my honest first take on seeing the car, utterly dissapointed, and i wouldn't even test drive it - my evalulation is made on appearances alone - but then again that's a main part of the attraction that allures you to a sports car, looks, pedigree and performance.

Before anyone flames me, this is entirely my opinion, and just an honest response to what I saw - I don't mean to offend anyone who has the car - just not my cup of tea. It's a shame the concept didn't make it to production. Final point is the rear spoiler has plastic window part to it! what is that about... i really could not find one nice thing about it. And to top it of, they didn't even make it in 'white'.

There is just nothing special, defining or memorable about this car at all...

So it is safe to say that you are not impressed with the FN2 on a visual level then. :lol:

Take the time to drive the car fella, at least then you will complete the picture.:cool:

but then again that's a main part of the attraction that allures you to a sports car, looks, pedigree and performance.

I would agree if we are talking about a sports car, I would suggest that the FN2, like the EP3 before it is a Hot Hatch, surely not a sports car, unless my understanding of the term is wrong of course. I mean an S2000 is surely a sports car is it not?

Either way, when buying any car that has a performance slant to it, how it drives is surely the most important aspect, though I have to say that as I also drive a bug eyed Scooby :D.

Of course, don't get me wrong, the drivability is the true measure of a car - i'm caught up with the aesthetics, because for me, as shallow as i am, a car has to look good - otherwise i wouldn't be interested. You're right, it's a hot-hatch not a sports car. If we consider the EK9 to EP3 progression, the EP3 gave a new look, but kept a lot of the principle aspects of the design. FN2 isn't so much a progression to me, it is almost the mk3 of the EP3. I could be chatting out of my arse, but to me that's my take on the FN2.. i guess time will tell it's fate, how quickly it's adopted, and whether it's anywhere near as successful in sales as the out-going model.

Back