• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whats the best engine treatment/cleaner/flush?

I'm looking for a petrol additive to clean the inside of the engine. I know a lot of you use vpower but I'm looking for something that is designed to specifically clean the internals of the engine.

Looking along the halford shelves theres so many to choose from, which ones have you used and which one would you recommend? Ta! :)

dont waste you money on things like this, there not even that good for the engine...

unless u gota old banger with 100k odd miles then maybe some 10k boost or whatever its called might work

Thanks mate, but just out of curiosity, why do you say they're no good for the engine?

I would have thought that with so many top brands making these cleaners there would be some mileage (pun not intended :lol:)in their claims?

I'm on about 45k miles and have ran her on 95ron 99% of the time, so the internals are probably full of cr@p.

The Forte cleaning range is very good alot of garages use it its not one of these Halfruds jobbies it does actually work

Something I did with an older car was to change the oil for something cheap, run the car for 40 odd minutes, then changed it again for something decent.

The amount of crap that came out in the first 2 changes was terrible.

dont waste you money on things like this, there not even that good for the engine...

unless u gota old banger with 100k odd miles then maybe some 10k boost or whatever its called might work

I agree, most flushes are kerosene based and do ore harm then good. decent oil, changed on a regular basis is all you need.

Cheers

Guy.

Back