• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats the best exhaust headers!!

Hi mate i'm a newbie and would like to buy a nice race exhaust header for my ep3.
What's hot?
I've heard of Buddyclub, Kidracing, Spoon....

What do you experts suggest?

Think there's some headers that don't fit the ep3 without touching the front ARB. If thicker ARB your options are limited even more. I think.

Fan of Buddyclub stuff myself but think future mods and complement your mods together.

Bang for buck you can't beat the Japspeed.

All up performance/quality has to probably be the Toda.

Stealthmode MOT passer - DC5 manifold - ported.

Max JDM points go to Spoon IMO.

JDM 'points' don't equate to performance...

Kidracing, never heard of them. How much?

I should be buying my first ever Ep3 this Saturday. It comes with a buddy club pro but I fear it's gonna be too loud for me.

No clue pal, never heard of any of them... probably didn't make it accross the pond.

If I was in this position again, I'd go Japspeed. You might get an extra bhp or so from another manufacturer but you'll pay through your arse in doing so.

I've got a KidRacing header Tri Y 4-2-2-1 shape. Quality is great and good midrange and top end power. Mase mapped and it put 205.9 WHP at Surrey rollers and mods consist of Gruppe M intake, 3 " custom exhaust with HKS 409 Hi-Power backbox. Great throttle response. Hope this helps.

When I bought my header from the states I was told it would work well with the K20A2 combined with a 3" exhaust and so far i've not had any issues. My car is a 2005 UK EP3 Type R, hope this helps.

Yep, Si is the same as EP3. They never got the Type R over there and iirc the EP3 is referred to as an EP2 over there.

You've got to be careful with US headers that they clear the power steering motor. Their steering wheel is on the other side over there.

You've got to be careful with US headers that they clear the power steering motor. Their steering wheel is on the other side over there.

Yes Loxy one might have clearance issues with different US headers but this KidRacing header offers great clearance and does not even come close to the anti roll bar. Here's a picture I took a while ago, sorry iphone quality!

Back