• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 what's the best mods to do on a civic type r ep3?

Hi

I have a Honda civic type r ep3 which I've owned since February please could anyone tell me what is the best mods to do. :)

Depends how much you looking to spend? You looking go crazy or kept it OEMish ??

Welcome along Yiddo :)

Those mods sound like a good start. What sort of ecu, induction kit & exhaust you thinkning about?

Scott.

Cheers Scott i really don't know to be honest i don't know much about the type r's as I've only had my since the end of February so any ideas would be great

Dean

^ This.

Check around and see what mods you fancy and what fits in your budget.
The sky's the limit really mate but a good place to start would be a fast road set up, aka, FRSU. This makes the car handle a lot better than it does at the moment. As Shaenei says do a forum search, (search box in the top right of your screen) to read up on subjects you're interested in and go from there :) I'm relatively new to the forum too mate, and I'm still learning stuff all the time :)

ECU - K100/k-pro ecu
INTAKE - Gruppe M/Tegiwa m/Arc/Itg Maxogen
MANIFOLD - Toda/DC sports/Spoon
CAT BACK - Toda/Spoon/Fujitsobo/Mugen

these are just a few of the makes for parts needed. it all depends on you're budget really dude.

have a read of the relevent sections in the forum and you will find most of the advice needed.

No problem mate :) It's a good forum, one of the best I've been on so far, a great resource for all things type-r :)

Go for an induction kit first up.

Id say GruppeM or Tegiwa replica.

Then get a 2.5" b pipe and a new manifold! Dont worry about the backbox as this is good for up to 300BHP.

Next Kpro and a remap and also FRSU.

Use the search and look in the appropriate forums

This. These questions get asked time and time again, so if you do a little digging around the forum, you're bound to find the answers you're looking for.

A good starting point is to go through all of the stickies at the top of each sub forum.

:smt023

Go for an induction kit first up.

Id say GruppeM or Tegiwa replica.

Then get a 2.5" b pipe and a new manifold! Dont worry about the backbox as this is good for up to 300BHP.

Next Kpro and a remap and also FRSU.

Completely the wrong order. FRSU is the first port of call. All of the other bolt on parts make little difference until you get a remap, which isn't cheap. Sort the handling out first and it will transfrom the car.

Oh and although the backbox may be good for upto 300bhp, it's been reported to be restrictive on a couple of occaisions. Suits had an OEM backbox on his old EP3 with a spoon B pipe and got more power out when he changed to a different set up.

This totaly depends on your budget really and how far you want to go, The first two things i would advise is get a decent set of tyres fitted, then go for brakes, a set of drilled and grooved discs with some decent pads, braided brake lines and a tegiwa brake stopper can all be found online for good prices, these are both an excellent starting point.

hope this helps mate

This totaly depends on your budget really and how far you want to go, The first two things i would advise is get a decent set of tyres fitted, then go for brakes, a set of drilled and grooved discs with some decent pads, braided brake lines and a tegiwa brake stopper can all be found online for good prices, these are both an excellent starting point.

hope this helps mate

The last post was over a year ago chum ;)

I definatly agree with getting FSRU, this is going to be my next mod. But for power look at getting a K100 ecu remap at CTL Racing, the bloke who owns the buisnes races Honda Civics and really knows what he's doing, i strongly recommend CTL. They also supply quite a few mods that they can fit on at the same time, type in google CTL racing and it will pop up. The AEM induction kit is renowned to have the best performance gains on the civic which will compliment the k100 remap and also a Greddy exhaust system, you may need to import this from America but the sound it releases from the car is awesome.

Hope this helps fella

Back