• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

what's the deal with new KManager ?

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
This one is aimed at CTR-Paul really,
Tell us what happened to you with the new K Manager?

I suspect it could be a downloand and reupload issue.

I believe Kenty had a similar problem a few years back :lol:

Whats a download and reupload issue?

Where instead of working from the original map on your laptop, you down load the map from the ECU where it can then be currupted if you're using a different version of Kmanager to the one the map was originally written in. So when you upload it again, alot of the values have been changed, leaving the car stranded as 9/10 times it won't start.

I think that pretty much sums it up:)

which is why when you get your car tuned, you should always ask for the file.
Coz you have no way of knowing which version of kmanager was the tuner using.
You might be left crying if he doesnt keep copies of all the tunes he's making, and you want to alter your map coz you have new goodies to play with.

I have all my original maps as it happens. From a basic Cold air map to one which includes a bored throttle body, then one for a race mani and one for N2 cams too.

What happened was that I found that a newer version of K-Manager didn't like a map I was trying to use which was made in a far older version of K-Pro. It wasn't me downloading the map from the ECU, as I've virtually never done that (it can cause corruption).

I suspect it could be a downloand and reupload issue.

I believe Kenty had a similar problem a few years back :lol:

Where instead of working from the original map on your laptop, you down load the map from the ECU where it can then be currupted if you're using a different version of Kmanager to the one the map was originally written in. So when you upload it again, alot of the values have been changed, leaving the car stranded as 9/10 times it won't start.

I think that pretty much sums it up:)

Yep that's what happened to me lol
Thank God that Paul at TDI North emailed me the map!

Back