• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whats the difference ?

hi guys im looking around on various different sites and i can see hundreds of different exhaurst systems and thats cool variation is good but can someone tell me other than name why for instance the spoon system is that much better than say a scorpion exhaurst off ebay , now im not dumb obviously material and quality are big factors but in excess of 700 + can it really mean alot on HP
Please help

probably better constucted and better material used thats about it really (and the brand name) i think i dont think you'd get a great deal of HP from a cat back system anyway so there wont be alot in it in terms of power, its the manifolds that will make the difference and that is were you should buy quality

When you pay top draw money for big brand JDM parts its mainly for the reputation and quality.

Its like a polo shirt, you can pay £6 from H&M or £55 from Ralph Lauren. In 3 years time the RL one will still be good, the H&M one will probably be a duster.

As chop said, the HP will be made at the manifold and decat stage, (once its remapped) the cat back system will just accentuate that power increase.

There are plenty of exhayst systems out there, most will do the basics, (improve flow) but not all will fit well, look good and last the duration.

The best exhaust I had on my EP3 was a Fujisubo RM01A.

cool ill look into it more so ill need kpro to get the gains anyway?

You may get a slight noticebale increase in power as some have claimed, but nothing like what you will get once you get it mapped.

Also you run the risk of running lean and developing engine knock at high revs, which in a worst vase senario will mean a new engine.

So basically, yeah, get it mapped :lol: .

I'd image the best bet for a kpro is to find a second hand one, otherwise I'm sure TGM and TDI South would be able to help you get a new one

Back