• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whats the difference???

Hi guys,

I have been looking for new tyres for my EP3. I have settled for Bridgestone Potenza RE050a as i can get them for £480 for 4 tyres, fitted.

I have found that there are 3 types. Run flats, asymmetrical and just normal ones.

Im a bit baffled as to why there are 3. I understand run flats but not the other 2. I don't want run flats because the ride can be harsh (worse than what it is) I am looking to get a FRSU once i have the new tyres because its best to get it done on new tyres.

Can any shed some light why there are 3 types of Bridgestones.

Also I know I have to get camber bolts and arms for the FRSU but do i need springs. The reason why i ask this is because there are loads of speed humps in my area i don't want to be scraping bits on the car if i go over them.

Apologies if this has been asked before. Please don't shoot me down. :lol:

Thanks

I think the difference is the speed rating? not 100% sure though, Im sure someone else can confirm this

and no, you do not need to get springs. A fast road setup is simply the geometry of your wheels (camber, toe etc).
But if you were to get a FRSU, then later fit springs, you would need it redone as it will throw your geometry out

Back