• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whats the legality on this...

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Wanting to save some money and only get winter tyres for the front - as I reckon I'd be able to keep the back in check.

Would it be legal - or shall I not be such a cheap skate and get winters all round?

Re: Whats the lagality on this...

milano_chris said:
Wanting to save some money and only get winter tyres for the front - as I reckon I'd be able to keep the back in check.

Would it be legal - or shall I not be such a cheap skate and get winters all round?

Basically what you're saying is lets give the front grip so the back has none Chris, it would just be asking for trouble IMO.

i would get all 4 changed or not at all.

+ iam sure u can get a better discount on 4 tyres,

hehe discounted food at the restaurant near the hotel/ring :!:

Why not get Toyo's or Parada Spec 2's all round, then you can use them all year round and they both perform very well in the winter and summer.

I would have kept the Pots on all year - but in the snow that we get around my area it's a bit pointless. The main problem I get is grip grom the front end - sometimes I can't even pull away from lights/hills etc that is why I was wondering about just changing the fronts.

And believe me I need soft compuond winter tyres - otherwose my car is undrivable.

If youre going to do it then run all 4 winter ones mate otherwise the back end wil just wander everywhere and will make the car obscenely dangerous to drive.

Back