• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's the next step to get more gains?

Ljw

Hello I've only had the car 5 months

at the moment I've added following;

tegiwa intake,

piper maniford

piper sports cat

spoon b pipe

spoon back box

kpro ecu

stoptech big brake converison

eibach lowering springs, front rear camber bolts, frsu

jdm front and rear anti roll bar...

im abit stuck on whats the next step without turbo/supercharger...all the stuff I've added so far is with help off people on the forum, I'm Happy with the handling and the brakes, I just want to know how to get more power out of my car.

Next would be intake manifold and larger throttle body, such as, the RBC inlet manifold mated with a 70mm Skunk TB (the manifold would need to be matched to the size of the TB).

Then maybe look at larger injectors and fuel rail, possibly fuel pump. After this, then you would be going down the cams route.

What sort of difference would this make? And do you know anywhere who can do it?

Well I would imagine with the mods your running now you would be 230-240bhp, with the intake manifold and TB you should roughly be 240-250bhp plus a healthy increase in torque.

Obviously these are guestimates as every car is different. But judging on others who have run the same/similar mods you should be somewhere between them figures.

Usually with cams (depending on which ones you go for) you would be over 250bhp.

You can source the parts yourself from the usual companies (Tegiwa, Eightspeed, Tdi North etc). As for places to do it, that'll depend on where your located and how far your willing to travel. Good companies would be Tdi North/South, TGM, Grinspeed, Eurospec. But Tdi North are the top dogs around on the Honda scene.

Have you thought about an LSD or the gearing?
The gearing will have a massive effect on acceleration.
Have a chat with grinspeed or similar?

Have you thought about an LSD or the gearing?
The gearing will have a massive effect on acceleration.
Have a chat with grinspeed or similar?
This would be a great compliment to the mods you have, I've changed my Final Drive to a 5.1 and added an Mfactory LSD at the same time, it's great fun with just the standard power I have!

Helical LSD, lightweight flyweel... personally I wouldn't fcuk with the ratios but each to their own. I can see why people would want to.

Then I'd take weight out. Wheels, rear interior, sound deadening and lightweight buckets. Carbon bonnet, boot & plastic windows.

Before all of this, the stickiest boots you can find. Tyres are everything.

Either supercharge or turbo it. You will want to do it sooner or later may as well just get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be daft. Eagle F1's and you're good to go! :D

2 years ago I'd have agreed, I ran F1 AS2s for years and years. I put some AD08s on the skyline. Never tracked it but you could tell the difference in the dry, my sphincter would have let go before those tyres.

.... in all seriuosness, they're not that bad in the wet. It's not like as bad as budget tyre or something. That said, knowing you're on a high performance tyre in the dry, the difference in the wet is massive. Like MASSIVE. More so than I've noticed with any other tyre.

2 years ago I'd have agreed, I ran F1 AS2s for years and years. I put some AD08s on the skyline. Never tracked it but you could tell the difference in the dry, my sphincter would have let go before those tyres.
It was said with my tongue firmly in my cheek. :D

My AD08R's are more than fine in the wet.

Yes, they're a newer compound. In the wet the F1A2 will be much better in normal road conditions. Standing/deep water aside, if you're driving at that speed in the wet for you to notice a difference, you deserve to crash.

.... in all seriuosness, they're not that bad in the wet. It's not like as bad as budget tyre or something. That said, knowing you're on a high performance tyre in the dry, the difference in the wet is massive. Like MASSIVE. More so than I've noticed with any other tyre.
Not being as bad as a budget tyre is hardly a great accolade.

Back