• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's the next step to get more gains?

Has anyone had the modifications done which have been mentioned? Whee did you have it done, what is the cost roughly?

I've already got a carbon bonnet, and will eventually get a bootlid and spoiler... But in having the car resprayed soon (preferably a different colour) as I am fed up of polishing and waxing Milano red :( so I'm leaving more of the exterior bits until I see how the cars turned out.

Hi there

Hard to recommend,but if you are looking to get most of the NA then this will and can cost you more than go route of the turbo or supercharger,have look we are tried for several moths to run NA,we are made with basic mods around 242bhp which has been enough,but we are previously run on our EP3 turbo too and going backwards to NA has been painful experience,if you once tried turbo on EP3

I would recommend have look on few projects and have look on cost of the going with turbo or SC,which is best,both have own and both are awesome to drive,I like bit more lag due this I would go with turbo

I wouldn't add any cams or any springs or retainers or large throttle body or even RBC,we are run stock throttle body at 382bhp still on 2.25" exhaust,cams are really needed if you are looking get best of the turbo,but most of the UKDM EP3 Type R cams are great and they don't need to be replaced,regarding springs and retainers yes if you are looking break 1bar,if you will be running less than 1 bar then I would keep the stock,yes get them check there

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks,Jura

Next step for more power would be inlet like RBC and larger throttle body and possibly cams if staying N/A. But as others have said, suspension mods and gearbox mods will help make the car 'quicker' too.

If you decide to go boosted with either charger or turbo then you won't need RBC, TB or cams.

Keep the mods you've already done in mind though because your Teg M, and Piper manifold will not be used in a turbo set up, although selling them could go towards the funds of adding a turbo.

Seems you have already got those mods, and if you want to go boosted I would go for a charger as you will get to keep your existing mods then.

But it's not all about power, LSD, other gearbox and suspension mods will vastly improve the 'quickness' of the car from A to B. I think it's all about a good balance not just headline power figures.

yeah im not going to waste my money on throttle bodys etc but does anyone know what difference a k24 bottom end makes

K24 gives you more torque. Your top end BHP figure doesn't change much as you can't rev them as high. So your BHP will be similar but expect a good 20-40lbft of torque extra. Personally I don't think a standard k24 bottom end is really worth the hassle. A more built bottom end, with a tuned k20 head and good cams. Add a decent intake and exhaust set up and you'll be getting close to a 300bhp N/A set up.
But the cost of that is probably similar to a turbo set up which is 400bhp easy. Or get to 300bhp with a supercharger for half the price.

i saw a couple k24 conversions on youtube and they rev the same if not higher?? and they seem to get there very quick. Too be honest i think im just going to sell the bloody thing. can't be bloody bothered anymore paying 1000's pounds for 10bhp i might aswell just buy the new type r

Stop chasing power, if you're power mad you're in the wrong game. Spend your money on track time and improve bits of the car based on how the car feels, not how a wiggly line makes you feel on a dyno print out.

Have you taken it to a circuit and really kicked it's head in?

no but i used to have a dc2 i took on track ... but im not after a track car... i want a fast road car something to entertain me as i do a load of miles in it... ive spent the best part of £4500 and there is near enough no difference if i do say so myself. If anything that impressed me was the FRSU and that was the cheapest thing ive had done! i think im going to brake the car and part it out.

ive got jdm arb.. and just eibach springs, im happy with the handling completley

its more money though. Finacially its a waste of time. Its cheaper to sell my car and buy a car thats faster and better.. even if its another ep... rather then do it my self. I'm either going to sell the car as is (38000 miles full honda history) ill hopefully see some good money.. and im on my way.

im going to strip the car of all its modifications, sell those..... restore car to standard.

Back