• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel bearing replacement.

Hi, i think i have a problem with my wheel bearing on the lhs. It squeaks when i turn slightly. Have looked around the net and am pretty sure that what it is. Can any1 help with a how to guide, and could do with knowing what tools im going to need before i start. Am pretty much clued up on mechanics so gonna do it myself. Any pics would be most appreciated. Am sure you ctr heads can help... Cheers. Carlos ;)

getting the hub off the car shouldnt be too much of a problem if you have the tools.

if you don't have a press available i would take the hub off then take it to a garage and get them to press the knackered bearing out and replace with the new one.

a garage shouldnt take more than 10 mins to press out and replace a bearing.

i would be more inclined to say it's your brakes rather than your bearing. bearings rumble when bad and it's constant sound in all directions. a squeak when turning or when steering slightly to one side is normally the brake pads. Easy fix is to remove the brake pads and spread some copper slip on the rear of them. if the pads are completely shot then they need replacing.

Back