• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel Bearings...

Is there an easy way to tell if they're fecked or not... :? I've just recently had 2 new tyres fitted on the car and in the past week the road noise is considerably louder than before... I'm pretty sure its not the tread on the tyres (Bridgestone Pots btw)

I also had the tracking sorted out as the tyre wear was getting a bit beyond a joke... (should av been +1.2 and mine was +15.. :oops: )

Anway my dad reckons it could be the bearings on one of the back wheels, bit how can you tell. I jacked up both sides last nite and there doesn't seem to be any "looseness" on the wheels and they weren't that hot after a brief run...

Got it booked in on Thursday for a checkup but it kinda naffed me off a bit really... How would you lot check for this... :smt017

sealed bearing type mate, u wont feel play in it by rocking it top and bottom like u used to in the old days

Ive heard a few owners saying their wheel bearings have gone on the rear, tuned out they went back to POTS from toyos......or more commonly tyres have worn, this causes the same sort of noise

I was convinced I had a worn bearing, as the road noise was awful, turned out that it was tyre noise, I had a couple of flat spots on the rear tyres (Toyos). The fronts were 'slightly' worn on the inside (eh Nick), but the noise was from the rears.

one new set of Paradas later...noise gone.

Well just phoned the garage and both feckin rear wheels need new bearings... :x Been quoted £120 for the pair including VAT... Is that good.. :?:

Millsey said:
Well just phoned the garage and both feckin rear wheels need new bearings... :x Been quoted £120 for the pair including VAT... Is that good.. :?:

Hope they agre to refund the money if you still have the noise......ie its the tyres :wink:

Black R said:
Millsey said:

Hope they agre to refund the money if you still have the noise......ie its the tyres :wink:

:lol: .... Luckily(or should that be unlucky :roll: ) it seems it was the bearings... Noise has gone now.. 8)

G said:
I was convinced I had a worn bearing, as the road noise was awful, turned out that it was tyre noise, I had a couple of flat spots on the rear tyres (Toyos). The fronts were 'slightly' worn on the inside (eh Nick), but the noise was from the rears.

Not sure about what every one else thinks but i find the parada's to be quite loud on the road. but im sure i can live with it as the grip is amazing

VtecRob said:
G said:

Not sure about what every one else thinks but i find the parada's to be quite loud on the road. but im sure i can live with it as the grip is amazing

I dont rate them :cry: Im gona go back to the Toyos....and they are quiet

Back