• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

wheel bent/leaning

hi guys

i only got my car a few weeks ago and i have just noticed it looks like they front wheel is bent/leaning out words i have put a pic any ideas on what i need to check for ?

img0631g.jpg

its like its had a side knock, i have read a few posts on here where people have changed there front shocks but it made no difference.

img0632zy.jpg

any ideas guys

Judging by the state of that wheel it's not been cared for very well and has probably banged a kerb. Changing shocks would make **** all difference to a bent suspension rod.

I'd get it looked at first before spending money a 4 wheel alignment that might not be the problem. cheapest things first.

turns out this was a bent strut, but they quoted me 200 to sort out. can any one recommend a good cheap set of front struts ? or even coilovers if they were cheap enough ? or any one have a 2nd had set for sale ?

i cant see that you would only have a bent strut?, from past experiance you will find that your bottom arm will bend before affecting the strut, i would highly recomned having your car 4wheel aligned before you start spending on your car, they will be able to tell you where you have damage and most places i know of will only charge you once, first time they check the car and let you know whats wrong, you'll pay them then get your damaged bits sorted then have it checked and aligned. ive repaired far too many cars with similar problems and the strut is very hard to bend indeed and is highly unlikely that you will have only damaged that and nothing else, if your in the west yorkshire area then feel free to drop in and we can sort you a check out and any repairs you may require

Back