• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel squeaking...

My RHD wheel has developed a squeak over the last few weeks. It only seems to make a noise after I've driven it for abit. I had new discs and pads Sept 2007 and another new set of pads last June, so don't think it's them. Only thing I can really think of is that it's the wheel bearings. It also comes on at certain times of where the wheels are ie when I'm turning over to the right.

Any idea what it could be and how I'd be looking at if it was the bearing's??

your brake pads need removing and have some copper slip spread on the rear of the pad. I have to do mine every 3-4 months because the squeal keeps coming back. I have non oem pads with no steel shims, just stick on carbon type shims so there prone to squeal. also wheel bearings rumble when there shot.

your brake pads need removing and have some copper slip spread on the rear of the pad. I have to do mine every 3-4 months because the squeal keeps coming back. I have non oem pads with no steel shims, just stick on carbon type shims so there prone to squeal. also wheel bearings rumble when there shot.

I'll try that then mate, got some copper grease in the shed.

My RHD wheel has developed a squeak over the last few weeks. It only seems to make a noise after I've driven it for abit. I had new discs and pads Sept 2007 and another new set of pads last June, so don't think it's them. Only thing I can really think of is that it's the wheel bearings. It also comes on at certain times of where the wheels are ie when I'm turning over to the right.

Any idea what it could be and how I'd be looking at if it was the bearing's??

Do you mean your steering wheel is squeaking???

Your wheel bearings will make a horrible sound when cornering when they're shagged. It's really obvious. Multi storeys and the like will bring it out. Squeaks are more likely something needing lubed.

Back