• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel Weight

HELLO guys hope this is the right place to put this, im considering buying some new wheels and noticed the weight of them was wondering if anyone knew the weight of a standard ep3 alloy?
thanks alot

Ive just found this, not sure how acurate it is but may be of interest to people!

Honda Civic 88-91 Stamped Steel 13x5 16.0
Honda Civic EX/Si 92+ Cast 14x5 18.0
Honda Civic HX 96-97 Cast 14x5.5 11.75
Honda Civic Type R 02 Cast 17x7 20.2
Honda CRX Si 90 Cast 14x5 17.0
Honda Prelude 97-99 Cast 16x6.5 19.0
Honda Prelude 97-99 SH Cast 16x6.5 19.7
Honda Prelude VTEC 93 Cast 15x6.5 22.5
Honda Prelude VTEC/Si 95-96 Cast 15x6.5 17.0
Honda S2000 Cast 16x6.5 17.5
Honda S2000 Cast 16x7.5 18.6
Honda S2000 JDM (BBS) Forged 16x6.5 13.3
Honda S2000 JDM (BBS) Forged 16x7.5 14.3

Those weights will be in lbs and not kgs just for reference. Divide by 2.2 to get the weights in KG

That is surprising, considering some of the so called aftermarket 'lightweight' wheels are upto 5kg heavier.

A Lot of 'lightweight' alloy wheels are not at all light, even some wheel weights stated by suppliers are complete gibberish.

Honda wheels in general are very light, thou you can save nearly 2kg off of the EP3 wheel weight, with some Rota's ;)

Would you feel 1kg difference in wheel weight?
I know it's something to do with rotational mass and inertia and such, but I wonder if this is noticeable in acceleration and/or top speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard 1kg can be multiplied by 8 to convert to car mass... or something like this.

Would you feel 1kg difference in wheel weight?
I know it's something to do with rotational mass and inertia and such, but I wonder if this is noticeable in acceleration and/or top speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard 1kg can be multiplied by 8 to convert to car mass... or something like this.

I felt the difference with 2kg weight loss per corner. Acceleration, braking and handling.

I felt the difference with 2kg weight loss per corner. Acceleration, braking and handling.

I fell in love with OZ alleggeritas, however my credit card tells me otherwise :)
I'd love to have some leightweight's 17*7,

And I especially laugh at those 105BHP TDI Golf V's with 19" wheels weighing over 30lbs' a corner, wondering why their top speed decreased to 105Mph

Anyway, thanks for that info Bud

Back