• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel wobble at 60+mph with new brakes fitted

Hi there,

Just fitted new disc's and pads all round, and get this horrible vibration through steering wheel at 60+mph. I'm pretty sure I fitted them correctly as after I wore the pads in and realised this wobble/vibration checked them all and they seem fine. Is there anything else it might be? It's really unnerving and just had the car tuned K100 and actually want to drive it without this apprehension...

Cheers

No crashing into any kerbs fortunately. Well I have a set of Tein SS at my house, fitted once I get back, so I 'll check for debris. The only other thing is that while eating my lunch, my mum moved my car literally a 6-7 of metres when the lug nuts weren't done up properly... That was on one wheel they were tightened as tight as they could be jacked up but she let the jack down and drove it off the drive. May have that caused any problems? It was such a short distance I wouldn't have thought it would have done any thing.

Always clean the mating faces of hub to disc, and disc to wheel with a wire brush when changing them over.

Make sure you nip the wheel bolts up in diagonal order too.

Sounds like the balance of the wheels are out. See if you can get it checked out, perhaps a wheel weight has came off.

See that what I was thinking the balance of the wheels but then I thought I'd be able to feel that constantly?? I'll get it checked out when I'm back.

yeah, speed bubble. Feels fine upto 55ish, then wobble wobble through that, then wobble goes again after 70ish.

I would bet one of the weights has come off while the brakes were being done.

Back