• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

When to polish?

Hey peeps thought someone on here would know this answer. Do you only polish your car once swirl marks and minor defects appear on the paintwork? Or is it ok to polish a newish car, mine is only 7 months old.

Basically I bought some poorboy's EX-P sealant thinking I would use this instead of wax. But on the bottle it says you have to polish your car before aplpying the sealant. I wanted to wash the car, clay it, apply sealant. Not sure if I can do that now though.
Been reading the guide on polish blissed about polish and waxing, couldn't see anything that said you can't polish a new car. Theres so much info on that website, makes it a bit confusing, lol :D

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

You don't need to polish your car that often, even on a colour where swirl marks are noticeable like black you can polish it twice a year. Waxing you can do as often as you like, same with clay bar.

Polishing is, as you know apply abrasives, the more you do it the more you wear away the lacquer. With the CTR's clear coat being so thin, this is not good.

I wax my car once a week usually and polish probably once a year - but I have a silver car :wink: :D

Nick - Use some light polish like Autoglym Super Resin Polish. It isn't that abrasive tbh mate.

After your sealant get a couple of layer's of NXT wax over it & it will looks uber deep & shiny.

Get going Mr.Muscle :p

SpaceMonkey said:
Nick - Use some light polish like Autoglym Super Resin Polish. It isn't that abrasive tbh mate.

After your sealant get a couple of layer's of NXT wax over it & it will looks uber deep & shiny.

Get going Mr.Muscle :p
Hey lee, thanks for the info. Will have to try that, although I really don't like the autoglym super resin polish. As it leaves such a mess behind with white particles :x Hopefully the next time I'm off work it isn't raining I will have a go and see what happens :wink:

Nick

Back