• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where can I get my decat fitted?

It's a pretty straight forward thing to fit, especially on a new car where bolts have not rusted/siezed. Any garage should be able to do this.

Have you organised a re-map? This decat will cause your engine to run lean with an EML light on the dash.

I'm just struggling to find somewhere to do it thats all. I have a Milltek cat back on it at the moment and have bought a Scorpion decat to make it louder. I didnt really want to remap it. What do you mean by the engine running lean?

The bolts Honda used where the Cat bolts onto the turbo housing are very very fine thread. Mine locked up when being unscrewed and had to be drilled out. Just a word or warning, take it to someone you trust.

Oh and my EML came on with a sports cat (with an O2 spacer) and the car went into torque limited limp mode and I had to keep resetting the EML with an ODB reader roughly every 100 miles. PITA.

Ahh fair play Chris. Well I'm just going from loxy's experience, a decat will result in an EML. Running lean means not enough fuel in the fuel/air ratio. This causes pre-detination of the mixture before top-dead-centre... This results in bent valves, bent rods and broken pistons. Until remapping comes out, my advice would be do not decat your car.

edit: ^ not even a decat, a sports cat causes lean running so a decat will certainly cause problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok then so how much does a remap cost? All of these issues don't seem worth it if I dont get a remap

Ah ok then so how much does a remap cost? All of these issues don't seem worth it if I dont get a remap
There aren't remaps available yet apart from a few places that have cracked the ECU.
This will instantly void the warranty on your very expensive car.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dream and Eurospec can remap then IIRC, but as above, they have to physically crack open the ECU which is pretty much an instant warranty voiding exercise with regards to the engine and integrated electrics.

Back