• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where do I find a feed for an accessory to come on with my lights EP3

Bazzagt4

Hi folks,

I’m wanting to connect an external gauge and want it to light up when I turn my lights on, where would I find the + cable for this to happen, somewhere nr to the instrument cluster would suit me better.

Regards

Baz

There’s a light in the ashtray that comes on when you turn on the lights. That would be the easiest power feed to get access for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a light in the ashtray that comes on when you turn on the lights. That would be the easiest power feed to get access for.

That’s a good cool but I was hoping to keep the wiring up by the cluster so was hoping someone knew the colour of the wire that entered the speedo cluster on one of the two connector blocks so I can tap into that.

Regards

You’d be able to find it by using a multimeter. I personally I wouldn’t mess with any wiring to the instrument cluster.

Update to close this question off.

Thanks to Lewis I used the light to the ashtray in the end and it worked perfectly so thanks for you idea, I would never had known there was a light in there as I don’t think I have ever opened it not being a smoker, I even forgot it was there as it’s out of view.

Anyway I’m happy as everything works perfectly.

Baz out :D

Back