• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to buy modded S2000's?

Does anyone know of a place where I'd be likely to find high powered S2000's for sale?

I know people in the UK are scared shitless to turbo the S2000, but I'm after one!

personally having owned a turbo'd s2000 i would buy a stock s2000 and then go down the turbo route then you know the history and its done properly
from what i know there are not many out there

and the only two decent ones that were out there for sale are not anymore

you can pick up a S2000 cheap now, and then spend another 5 to 6 k on turbo kit and all the proper stuff and it will be good to go

I was thinking about that, and it's true that if there aren't many on the market, it's probably not a good idea to buy one.

I've been looking at the power figures for some of the S2k's, and it seems they lack torque. Even the high powered ones. One of the 700bhp cars had 460lbs/ft. I've got a Fiat Coupe running 350bhp and 305lbs/ft, and if I forged my engine and went with a bigger turbo and better headwork, I'd be close to 500bhp with the same amount of torque!

I wonder weather it's not better to spend the money on my own car or go for a Supra instead!

i know i would rather have the turbo'd s2k over a tuned fiat coupe.... they are pretty damn quick but as i have seen from friends they are pretty quick to f@ck up as well

Turbo'd S2k's go like absolute stink mate and look the nuts. Plus they will be more reliable.

Never underestimate a tuned Coupe. They put the power down extremely well and I've surprised a lot of people who thought they had fast cars.

I do agree though, the S2k is a gorgeous looking car.

I had 616 whp and 420 ftlb tq, and in the three and half years it was like it, i never had anything beat it :) that even includes a brabus sl !! f430, gallardos, skylines, supras, eveos and the list goes on

the S is very light, and the gearing is good, the coupes go well as is, but if you fancy a change then s2000 turbos will be a good change if not go for the coupe idea

ps you can make 600-700 whp on stock blocks, no need for head gaskets etc. the only thing you will need to do is upgrade the fuelling system to get much over 600 whp on stock, fuel lines and pumps, for mine 616 i had stock fuel system with one walbro 255 and 1000cc injectors, the rest was stock, ie regulator, rail etc..

anyway have fun

Chris I saw that today. Not a fan if I'm honest. I'd prefer a different colour and interior, and not sure what the blue wheels are about!!

It comes with 3 sets of alloys of you read the description. Only one set are blue. :lol:

I'm sure it is bud, and very good price too. Just not what I'm looking for.

I'm in no rush to buy one so I will wait until I find it. You know what it's like...

I would only use the car over weekends. I'm using my Coupe as an everyday car and the running costs are crippling. Not to mention all the mileage you rack up.

600 @ wheels or fly? Is it just going to be a street car or track thing?

Either way it's not going to come that cheap. If your just looking for a power car then your choice of Supra might be the better option.

I just want something fast that I can enjoy over nice sunny weekends, go to meets and drives with mates.

My current tuner is actually rebuilding an S2000 turbo in the next week or so. He lived in Dubai and had his own S2000 turbo, so he's pretty clued up.

I guess for that sort of power I'd be looking to spend the same amount on tuning as I buy the car for and probably more.

Saying that, I've always loved Supras, but I think the S2000 is a better looking car.

Back