• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to run amp cables?

I know not to run the signal and power cables close, but with two amps can I run both power leads and all signal cables togather or should I keep the amp cables separate as well?

run them together but dont cable tie them together if you get me? that way they wont rub through.

depending on the awg of cable it should fit fine through the passenger side side paneling instead of pulling up the carpet

Cheers m8. I'm hoping to do this tomorrow if I can get my s*** together in time. Could you tell me how to run it through the side trim? Never done this before.

i havent ran a cable through a civic but on my other cars there was a gromet behnd the glove box going through the firewall to run it from the battery. dont drill a hole through the firewall unless your going to use a proper grommet, if not the wire will rub and eventually cut through maybe causing a fire.

pull off all the from kickplate in the door part and lay the cable there and behind the rear plastics, youll have to take the rear speaker out before you can loosen the whole plastic, theres a few screws and clips holding it in.

where are you goin to earth the amps?

^ I think I read there was a good location in the boot near the spare wheel well.
I had to run a positive live for my headunit. There is a grommet on the bulk head that feeds in behind the glove box.

There should be an earthing point near to the rear light cluster

Back