• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to start with my FN2

Hey Everyone,

I've just read Loxy's very long members car thread and I feel rather inspired!!!

What does everyone think I should do first? I would like to keep it MOT passable like loxy so I'm thinking of either the HKS Premium Suction or HKS Racing Suction Reloaded and a Catback and a Flashpro.

Will I be able to run this with loading the Group N myself? Or do I need to purchase flashpro and take it to a dyno?

Also does anyone know anywhere like TDi North but a bit further south around the Gloucester Area, TDi sounds like a great place but it is just too far away for me :(

Any Help or tips would be appreciated

Thanks

Cheers bud. :smt023

It depends what you want from the car really. If you want a bit more noise and a bit more poke that the GroupN map with the lowered VTEC crossover then HKS and Flashpro is a good start.

I'm guessing you have seen the vid, but the HKS Racing Suction Kit gives a great sound and good gains over the standard set-up.

The Premium Suction Kit retains the stock airbox so is quieter, but it comes with a HKS panel filter and the stainless inlet pipe, so if you smooth the inside of the airbox and add something like a Driven Crazy Scoop (Click here) it will make good gains.

Cat-back options for the FN2 aren't as wide as the EP3, but good kits are Milltek or the HKS (again!). Milltek is around £500 or a bit less on ebay, and HKS is around £800 from most of the distributors. Both great exhausts. Some people don't like the HKS ends, but you can just get the ends cut off and keep the standard chrome triangles. Also worth Noting that TDi-North are starting making their own custom exhausts. Might be worth dropping them a Pm.

Flashpro just plugs into your OBDC II port under the dash, then connected the USB lead to your laptop (having already installed the Flashpro manager on the laptop!). Select the GroupN map from the Calibrations page and upload it. Really simple. Instructions are here.

At the beginning of my thread I had the HKS, Magnex Catback and Flashpro with the GroupN map. I made 214bhp. If those are all the mods you want and are going to do for the time being, it might be worth considering a custom remap, as I got an extra 6bhp (up to 220) with the custom remap.

Other than what you have said, I cannot recommend the Fast Road Set-Up highly enough. It greatly improves the handling!

ABP Motorsport are in Crewe so slightly closer, but in my opinion it is worth staying on the motorway for a bit longer and going up to TDi-North.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Loxy

Yeah I'm looking for a bit more noise and a bit more poke. I'll have a good think into what intake to get that link you posted is good, seems like alot of work taking the bumper off but im sure there will be a way of meeting in the middle of getting it perfect and practical to do.

Cheers

The GruppeM intake is quite good for the FN2 as long as you aren't planning to go over 300bhp when it is supposed to become quite restrictive.

It will sound good, and is relatively easy it fit, bit is pricey! Click here :eek:

They do come up on ebay every now and again for a bit less!

The GruppeM does look like it should be the best with the cold air going directly in, but that price tag is crazy :p

Reading your thread was the first I have heard about fast road set up, I'll have to do some reading about it. Is it worth doing with everything stock?

Am I right in saying no matter where I take it to get remapped I would need to purchase flash pro anyway? so like you loading up groupN for now with just an intake and exhaust mod would be a good place to start, then maybe have a drive up to TDi when I have a few more mods or purchased some for TDi?

cheers for your detailed reply

The GruppeM does look like it should be the best with the cold air going directly in, but that price tag is crazy :p

Reading your thread was the first I have heard about fast road set up, I'll have to do some reading about it. Is it worth doing with everything stock?

Am I right in saying no matter where I take it to get remapped I would need to purchase flash pro anyway? so like you loading up groupN for now with just an intake and exhaust mod would be a good place to start, then maybe have a drive up to TDi when I have a few more mods or purchased some for TDi?

cheers for your detailed reply

You've got it spot on about the Flashpro. :smt023

Yep, the Fast Road Set-Up is so so worth it even if that is the only mod you do. The Honda tolerances out of the factory are so broad that having everything set-up correctly makes a huge difference.

First post on this thread and some posts later detail the principle. Click me.

Back