• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which b pipe to get? scorpion?

I have been having a look for a while and have come to the conclusion that there are 3 well priced b pipes that can be had ie - sportex, scorpion and supersprint. I have been leaning towards the scorpion unsilenced due to it being stainless steel and well priced but its a 2" diameter when the other two are 2.5" . Will this make much of a difference? I am mating it to the OEM backbox as I want more noise but still do a lot of motorway miles hence the standard backbox. Any thoughts?

I've just replaced a supersprint because it cracked at the hanger, it was about 5 years old. I've gone for a sportex, it's well priced and made in the uk with 3mm 606 aluminised steel. CNC mandrel bent. Fingers crossed it fits lol

supersprint seems quite a lot for something i could make myself in the shop in a few days. just wondering if going 2" is worth it or should i just go sportex?

For the price I think it's worth a shot, of you can wait a week I'll let you know how it fits and sounds compared to the supersprint.

I have Sportex and very happy with it. With the OEM back box it made 81db at Castle Combe noise test. Has a very nice rasp to it.

thanks :) did you notice any power loss? i have read that people experience loss of power at high revs with the 2.5"

When I was at TDi last week, we were talking b-pipes (because mine was cracked)... They advised I get the biggest bore pipe I can get my hands on, 3" bore ideally.

I have a r8byb pipe you might be interested in. Pm if you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tried to send you a PM but its not in my sent items so i dont know if it has been sent or not. I may well be interested in the pipe, any details?

Dave, if kestertonj isn't interested than R3575753757357375 might be (dunno if he's fussed about silenced/unsilenced though...)

I've just received my sportex 2.5"... I am disappointed to say that it's actually 2.25" internal diameter. It doesn't specify whether it's 2.5" internal or external diameter on the website. Either way, it's bigger than the supersprint. As someone said, It does look like the welds will need to be dressed around the holes too.

Yeah the welds do need grinding down, easy enough. This set up for is by far the best, and I'd be inclined to say the car goes better too.

Back