• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

which brake fluid?

Hi would like to know what fluid to use for brakes or if u can put some links up thanks haz.

There's a racing super r blue dot 4 fluid euro car parts do for bout 10 pounds something for 1litre is that ok?

To be honest I rather buy what ever is recommended the motul is ok but is one 500ml bottle enough?? And how often should u change it while ur pad/discs are due or once every year?

No mine took 2 bottles, i believe it's recommended to change this stuff every 12months. i can bet mine has been in nearly double that and its still looks new and performs well ( i was doing 25min stints at cadwell on friday just gone with no brake issues) i'm not saying thats the case for everyone mind as the mileage i do in it is very low and next given chance i will change it.

We've used PF RH665 on our wagon and now we are using same fluid with D2 8pots,but above Motul RBF600 is good too,good brake fluid is essential if you are planning track days,for fast road is essential too,but if you are running some OE pads and discs you will never see any difference,you are really need push the car

Thanks,Jura

I use the ATE Super Blue dot 4 from Euro car parts, think I paid £10 when it was on special. Seem's to be ok and has quite high boiling points. It will certainly be fine for road use with the occasional trackday, but as has been said the more abuse you give the brakes the more often they should be changed because the wet boiling point just keeps dropping.

Euro car parts always have special offer on and yeah super blue dot 4 is quality and 10.48 bargain for a litre.

Back