• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which cold air intake system??

I have been doing some research and so far i can conclude that the AEM V2 is prob the best for the job, increasing torgue & throttle respence.

Anyone know anything else?

Cheers

Bewo

ah, it appears that CTR owners favour the Gruppe M?

I didnt think that it was available in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been doing some research and so far i can conclude that the AEM V2 is prob the best for the job, increasing torgue & throttle respence.

Anyone know anything else?

Cheers

Bewo

ah, it appears that CTR owners favour the Gruppe M?

I didnt think that it was available in the UK?

Yes you just have to import from japan, recently got one myself and it cost £330.

There is a thread on here showing step by step how to do it, also with a big discount.

Thans very much for all your help, i found the buying guide last night.

Although it still uses the standard 57i panel filter, 300 pounds is a lot for what is essentially a carbon fibre box;-)

But proven time and again to be the best. I have to admit I feel that the AEM is better value pound for bhp gain. However I have decided to swap in the near future to a GruppM myself, just beacause of all the cruddy rain we have been having. I am now so paranoid aboot having my filter so close to the ground in the front wing.

I have suffered from this already.

But the V2 is located at the top/back of the bulk head? Surely water isnt a problem as its not sucking from low down.

I was thinking of an AEM V2 and then fashion a gruppe M lip to suck cold air from over the bonnet to force feed it.

That coupled with Megen Racing sports cat, the Magnex oval back box (on the car when bought) and a manifold to folllow should make it breathe quite nicely.

Don't bother with the V2. Honestly, you would better off sticking to the stock airbox.

Really, i've heard & read good things about the V2, granted mainly the noise but also throttle responce and mid range torque, and they are highly favoured by S2 owners.

GruppeM for EP3/DC5.

AEM's are okay but beware of standing water, and get a decent CAF feed to it aswell.

Really, i've heard & read good things about the V2, granted mainly the noise but also throttle responce and mid range torque, and they are highly favoured by S2 owners.
Who???

I cant compare the two but can confirm the Gruppe-m is fooking awesome and certainly wouldnt swap it for anything else.

EDIT- Whooppps it Lottie typing this, pain in the butt sharing a laptop!

A friend of mine is on an S2 forum, says they all rave about them, his username is hoppingdeth

V2 has been good in my DC5, dead easy to fit, sounds awesome and certainly didn't lose any power ;)

V2 has been good in my DC5, dead easy to fit, sounds awesome and certainly didn't lose any power ;)
Do you now for certain? Have you had it dyno'd?

Personally I believe kits like the V2 are a false economy.

Just going on stock figures :?

I had the Simota on my first CTR years ago (very similar to the V2) and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then I got bored and put the stock one back on and it is really so much better then having an open cone in the engine bay.

Contrary to popular belief, the standard airbox is a great design, and it takes something rather special to beat it. I later got the Gruppe M and it is fantastic.

I had the Simota on my first CTR years ago (very similar to the V2) and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then I got bored and put the stock one back on and it is really so much better then having an open cone in the engine bay.

Contrary to popular belief, the standard airbox is a great design, and it takes something rather special to beat it. I later got the Gruppe M and it is fantastic.
Exactly my thoughts. I had a Mugen airbox before being disappointed with that and going Gruppe M. After selling the Mugen and going back to stock temporarily whilst waiting for the Gruppe M to arrive I could honestly detect no difference other than the sound in VTEC. You keep it hearing it, and I agree it does get a bit boring, but the the Gruppe M is the most proven kit out there, and the price reflects this, which in turn puts lot of people off.

Back