• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which components on a budget?

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Both my Focal 165 K2 door speakers have died and I'm looking at replacing them, on a budget.

What would you ICE guru's reccomend? I like having it turned up now and again and I loved both the clarity and punch that the Focal's had even when being pushed hard.

What's your budget Chris?

Cheapest speakers I would go for are some JBL or if you can stretch a bit more these DLS are nice. I have the previous version of the DLS speakers, they sound very nice once they had been run in.

I am on a harsh budget for the next few months so the cheaper the better, but I don't want to do the old buy cheap, buy twice thing.

How will the JBL units compare to the Focals? About 70% of the time they will be at normall listening volume.

I dont think you will notice my difference between them, are you looking to amp them or run them of the head unit?

CAS have got the Kappa comps to match your sub at a good price, might be worth considering.

I've never heard a bad thing said of the JBL components, the Infinity Kappa are good too, my nephew had those in his Fiesta, although they might be more than the JBL.

I've never heard a bad thing said of the JBL components, the Infinity Kappa are good too, my nephew had those in his Fiesta, although they might be more than the JBL.

Normally yes, however it seems CAS are doing a run on the Kappa stuff, the comps are pretty much half price, as was the sub when Chris bought it last year.

Normally yes, however it seems CAS are doing a run on the Kappa stuff, the comps are pretty much half price, as was the sub when Chris bought it last year.

Think I will get these, though my head unit is playing silly buggers now. :(

Back