• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which exhaust to get for my fn2

Afternoon all.

Recently bought an fn2 type r after selling my ep3 type r. Its time to start getting a few modifications done.

First thing I think is an exhaust as I find it very quiet. I had a scorpion cat back on my ep3 and it sounded good but when looking at them for the fn2 I noticed its only 2.25 which I heard was the same as standard so would it make much difference apart from sound? The other system that I did like the look of was the corba and its 2.5 inches.

What's people's thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks Calum

If you are on a budget Milltek is a good one. If that's too pricy, I've seen of a new generation Magnex that someone has fitted recently that they are very happy with.

The Magnex is 63mm, Milltek is 63.5mm.

Oh yeh I forgot about magnex, will have a look at them.

Will probably be staying clear of milltek if I am honest few of my previous cars have had millteks and I had a few welds go on them. I get the feeling millteks quality isn't as good as it used to be and I know you get a lifetime warranty but there's the hassle of getting it changed.

What are the spoon one's like (out of curiosity) when driving normal, when in vtec etc? Can't find much about them.

Oh yeh I forgot about magnex, will have a look at them.

Will probably be staying clear of milltek if I am honest few of my previous cars have had millteks and I had a few welds go on them. I get the feeling millteks quality isn't as good as it used to be and I know you get a lifetime warranty but there's the hassle of getting it changed.

I had a miltek and never had a problem with it

On a budget, Milltek.

No budget, Toda

Simples

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the spoon one's like (out of curiosity) when driving normal, when in vtec etc? Can't find much about them.

It will be fairly loud as its replaces the B pipe also, but used with a OEM manifold and cat it will not be too bad - however it only uses 1 pipe, so saves a lot of weight!

I have one here - I can do a good deal on it! very rare in the uk!

Lots of people on here have millteks on their FN2's and are very happy with them, can be a little rattly in the tailpipe area but I get the impression that is the case with most aftermarkets for the FN2 because of the triangles!

My mates milltek also split, has anyone tried piper ? An unresonated system can be had for £423 from demontweaks or a little more for a resonated system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw the piper system looks like it could be an option. Also likening the look for the magnex and cobra

Back