• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which oil ? Civic type-R FN2

C

Chris1987

It's been almost 6 months since my last main dealer service, almost time for an oil replacement. Doesn't need it, keeps me happy and it's always nice to have new fresh clean oil to keep your engine in good shape.

I seem to remember that when I had my last service Honda told me not to use the 5w-30 they sold me before and to now use 0w-40 is this correct ?

Any opinions on what brand to purchase would also be appreciated.

5w-40 fully synthetic is ideal. Gives good cold start protection and isn't so thin that it burns off that quickly. It's tried and tested.

I use Fuchs Titan Race Pro S.

Loxy, any views on mobil1 0w-40 ?? Can get my hands on this rather cheap at the moment (£25) for 5L.

I'm guessing for that price it will be the normal stuff and not the revised "New Life" stuff?

Personally I think 0Ws are too thin, and it's likely you'll end up with a lot of it burning off on spirited drives.

I'm guessing for that price it will be the normal stuff and not the revised "New Life" stuff?

Personally I think 0Ws are too thin, and it's likely you'll end up with a lot of it burning off on spirited drives.

Yes it is the new life stuff.

What the heck I'll give it a shot, if it's no good I'll steer clear next time.

Went to my local dealership today to pick up an oil filter and enquired about oil and was told Honda will no longer sell their own stuff, and are moving over to Castrol.

Back